“Wonderful pho ga”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I love this place for a quick meal. Cheap menu items and fresh ingredients make this the best pho around. The spring rolls are also very good. What the atmosphere is lacking is made up for by fast, wonderful service and great dishes.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

For an inexpensive restaurant, Pho 79 provide great value and food. Our entire family was happy with the delicious food and we were comfortable with the decor and service.
This restaurant was pleasant, cheerful and very clean!
We could find no fault with food, decor and service...

1  Thank John K
Reviewed July 13, 2013

On a recommendation from Capt. Tom at the Urbanna Town Marina, we stopped in here for a quick lunch. Never having had Vietnamese food before, we asked a lot o questions. The service and food was excellent and the price was very reasonable. Definitely a must do if you are in the area.

1  Thank Robert N
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The wife and I went on a Friday for lunch. The place is not fancy but nice and clean. The wait staff was friendly and we were greeted as we entered. This is our second time here in about 5 years and the only Pho restaurant we have been to. Our first time we really had no idea what Pho was. There are other choices on the menu as well but we have only tried the Pho soups. I would rate it an "excellent" but we have no others to compare it to. The wife did not like her first time but very much enjoyed this visit. She knew that she could get a fork which we found out late in our first visit. She's not very good eating with sticks. We got Spring rolls to start with. I enjoy them not being a "fried" dish but the wife likes a fried egg roll better. The wife had the #1 original Pho (small bowl); I had the #9 (large bowl), with two meats, tendon and tripe. We both very much enjoyed the soups. The portions size is great; the big bowl was almost too much, I was really stuffed. On this second visit the soup did not have the strong taste of cilantro it had before. Fresh bean sprouts and cilantro were brought on a separate dish which lets you add to your taste. I added both to my soup. Overall we are very pleased with the soup and the service and I'm sure we will visit again. It's great for a heather lunch and I would recommend giving it a try if you never have had Pho.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The spring rolls were good, as was a chicken and noodle dish. I've enjoyed Korean BBQ at other restaurants, but the serving that I had here was overcooked and fatty - very little edible. Service at lunch was prompt and friendly.

1  Thank Gene K