“Sol De Putrid”

Sol De Mexico
Ranked #866 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok, I have never written a review about a restaurant, so that in itself tells you how this is likely to go. My family and I were all in town for a funeral and decided to get together, eat out, and reminisce. The place looks questionable from the moment you see the sign. Like a road you should not go down where murder tape is posted up. The fact that it was empty at dinner time should of been a indicator not to eat there. The service was good, The food however tasted awful and got 3 people sick from our family. This place was absolutely got awful. I do not recommend anyone take their animal to this place. I am a reservist, and a blue collar worker, so I am not an uppity person who is hard to please. Save your family from getting sick, do not go there!!

1  Thank DMWP
There are newer reviews for Sol De Mexico

Reviewed December 11, 2012

#1 Lunch Chile Rellano is my wife's favorite. Broiled not fried. The staff and manager are super friendly. It is amazing how fast the food arrives at your table. Everyone I know that eats here loves the re-fried beans. We have never eaten dinner here, just lunch. A lot of bang for the buck.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

You can't go wrong at El Sol de Mexico, no matter what you order, or whether you go for lunch or dinner. They have an extensive menu of Mexican and Tex-Mex favorites and if you don't see it listed therein, well, just ask. This is, after all, an authentic, family-style Mexican restaurant, so they will usually be able to make it for you, just the way you like it. What's more, everything is reasonably priced and they frequently offer specials on their bar selections.

I have enjoyed outstanding fajitas, especially the mixed (chicken, beef and shrimp) and another of my favorites here is their chile relleno. !Todo esta muy sabroso! It's all very tasty!

Oh, a hint, if you can speak Spanish, no matter how much or how well, try to speak it a bit here and you will get extra smiles and attention throughout your meal. You meal has now become a cultural experience.

One more thing, if you are a student or faculty member at Tidewater Community College (whose Virginia Beach campus is across the street), remember to show your ID card when you are ordering. That alone will earn you a nice 10 per cent discount. !No esta mal, not bad!

!Buen provecho! Enjoy!

1  Thank Alberto M
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Margaritas are made fresh, not with Margarita mix like a lot of fake Mexican. I'm from CA so I know good authentic Mexican when I find it. This is the place.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We had dinner here this week when we were in the Virginia Beach area and chose this over Rajput an Indian Restaurant in the area based on the reviews we read on here. We now think the owners wrote their own reviews. The reviews are all over rated in my wife and my opinion. The food was fast but some was not cooked all the way, some was cold and some was burnt. We did like the Chilli rellenas but they were very small and over priced. The Salsa and chips were ok. There was no atmosphere. The decor looked a bit shaby. The paintings were nice, but the food was not made with love. Our waiter did not explain things well and he miss informed us about what the chilli rellenas were. We felt the restaurant had a ghetto feel and it was located in a nice strip store.