“A delicious throw-back-a down home seafood restaurant!”

Surf Rider Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 1,695 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed February 16, 2019

If you're looking for "high end", go somewhere else- if you want some fried seafood favorites- the kinds we grew up eating- Surf Rider hits the mark! Delicious fried oysters, shrimp, and crab cakes. A family favorite for many years; love it.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019

Took my wife here for the first time while in town, it has been years since I have been here. Food and service was a good as I remember. She had seafood platter and I had the BBQ with Sweet Chili Shrimp. Everything was good, can't wait to bring the rest of the family.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2018

I wanted fresh seafood for my birthday dinner and this is about the best place I know. We had she-crab soup, broiled scallops, broiled crabcake, and fried seafood platter. All were excellent. Seafood platter was enormous - enough for two meals. Scallops were the best I've ever had.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 17, 2018

This restaurant was recommended by a local. The coconut shrimp was a daily special, but I thought the chef had miscounted and given me more than the 10 I expected. They were just butterflied colossal shrimp, and they melted in your mouth. Even the hushpuppies were even sweet. Would go again if we get back in the area.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Sat at the bar...drank cold beers and ate a nice platter of fried shrimp...The coleslaw was good too...and the beer was cold and wet...Good Stuff.

Date of visit: October 2018