“65th anniversary of fine dining!”

Aberdeen Barn Steak House
Ranked #94 of 1,695 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Saturday night and it was crowded as usual. The best prime rib in the area is found here. Upon entering the restaurant you are greeted and shown to a comfortable table and chairs in a clubby type dining room. On the way take a look at the mountains of fresh beef refrigerated in a huge cooling room. The open kitchen is vast
and the aromas eminating from there will make you hungry. The waiters immediately take your drink orders and drop off a nice crock of cheese with crunchy bread sticks. The menu is extensive and includes seafood that is fresh and cooked perfectly.
Tomahawk steaks are offered so you might want to share one. The prime rib is huge but peek into the menu and look for the queen cut which is less expensive. The sides are tasty and large. Desserts compliment your after dinner coffee or cocktail. It's a great place for celebrations and meetings too. A large, expandable banquet room is available. It is disabled friendly and kids are welcome. At 8 pm live music is played and in winter a fireplace warms you as you dine. We have celebrated 30 wedding
anniversaries here and will go again in July.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I had long been planning to visit Aberdeen Barn, and my chance finally came when my cousin’s birthday party was held there a couple of weeks ago. Since we had a big party, we had a private room. The tables were pretty close together, so the only suggestion would be to spread them out a bit more. The waiters who took our orders and brought out our food were patient, kind, and all smiles throughout the night. Even though we had a big party, we didn’t have a long wait. First, the she crab soup that some at our table ordered came out; I was beyond jealous, so I ordered one right after I saw them. I’m so glad I did because this she crab soup is possibly some of the best in the area, with plenty of crab meat and just a hint of sherry. Next, our salads came out, and everything was so fresh. I got the house salad with blue cheese dressing, and the dressing was some of the best I’ve ever had. The kitchen must’ve been super prepared because our entrees came out in record time, directly after we finished our salads. I had the 13 oz prime rib and fried shrimp combination with a loaded baked potato. I added sautéed mushrooms and onions. This awesome addition was admired by all at my table, so I let a couple of people try some of my mushrooms and onions. The prime rib was some of the best I’ve had, and was very tender. The creamy and raw horseradish that accompanied it had the perfect smoothness to it. The au jus was so good, it made me smile. The fried shrimp were fried perfectly and were colossal. I could only eat one. The loaded baked potato had sour cream, cheese, and bacon, and was the best loaded baked potato I’ve ever had. I could barely eat half. I would definitely suggest sharing an entree of this size. The servers made sure our glasses were refilled, and were very attentive throughout. At the end of the meal, I knew we were automatically charged gratuity, but I just had to add a bit more of a tip on top of this because of how excellent the service was. I would highly recommend Aberdeen Barn, and I can’t wait to return for the next special occasion!

Reviewed April 21, 2018

Went for the Prime Rib which was absolutely incredible. Will have to return for the steaks. Service was excellent. One of the best steak houses I have ever been to and I've been to many in Texas.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

Reservations on a Saturday night for 4; they were very busy; seated right away. Had to walk past the pick-up station to get to part of the restaurant (crowded with staff trying to pick up orders). Waitress was overloaded and did not seem to be familiar with multi-course service. Long periods between visits but OK. Asked for boxes for 2 of the part (leftovers) - twice. Finally got them on third request. One diner asked if halibut was available; waitress said yes. Came back and said mgr said they were out. Asked about seasoning on another fish; had to go ask the mgr. Bill for fish was incorrect when it arrived. After correction, new bill was still incorrect. Third try they got it.
Steaks were absolutely great! One of the best 3 I've ever had! Fish was also great. Sides and salads were also very good. Pricey, but portions big and quality high.
I will go back (and hope for a different wait person).

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I saw the restaurant on a TV commercial and it stirred my curiosity.
As soon as you walk in you see the"meat locker" which you see the tomahawk ribeye, an amazing sight to say the least. As we walked through the restaurant you pass the kitchen which you see the TLC they spend on their dishes. I wanted to try a piece of everything.
Our server was friendly and most importantly attentive!
We started with the oysters Rockefeller. They were succulent and some of the best we have had. The she crab soup was just as good too. Even the bread was warm and freshly made.
We had the 48oz prime rib medium rare and we were not disappointed. It was well prepared, seasoned and cooked. It melt in my mouth.
My family had the seafood Alfredo which was a large portion and delicious.
The drinks were equally as good. They made a great old fashioned.
If you're in the area you have to come here and eat.
You won't be disappointed!