“Lively Salad”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My friends had ask twice to go her because they loved the steaks. I convinced them once just on so so reviews I saw on google. S o this trip I broke in and went for dinner. The restaurant is nice and has a nice atmosphere. My issue came about 1/2 way thru my salad I saw something moving. I dug down a bit and found a medium sized Stink Bug upside down kicking his legs trying to free himself from a pool of dressing. So I shoved the salad aside waved down the waitress and her reaction was WHEW.... picked up my salad and went about her business. Never did I receive an I'm sorry or even offered another salad.
To finish my fish was VERY good but a little on the salty side as was my asparagus.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We've never had a bad meal at Aberdeen. It's a little more on the pricy side, but dressing up and enjoying a great meal is nice. The service is always top notch too!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The prices were overly expensive for mediocre food. The meal that I ordered was stuffed flounder.
The fish was uncooked I hope I don't get sick tonight. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.

4  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm a native of virginia beach and yeah its been around since 1966 but I should have just gone to out back. I haven't been able to find a good steak since the grate steak closed and this barn doesn't have it either.it expensive 40 for a steak a fatty one.don't go you will be disappointed. Thank you, a local.

4  Thank ezsuzy68
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Been to many steak houses, this one is top of list. Appetizers of oysters and bread. I had a chefs special which was a filet mignon smothered in pepper jack cheese, was perfect. My husband had seafood he loved it. Service was excellent, music playing while dining. Menu is pricy, but was all worth it. Will definitely return.

1  Thank Christine b