“Don't go to expensive for fatty meat”

Aberdeen Barn Steak House
Ranked #74 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
“Don't go to expensive for fatty meat”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm a native of virginia beach and yeah its been around since 1966 but I should have just gone to out back. I haven't been able to find a good steak since the grate steak closed and this barn doesn't have it either.it expensive 40 for a steak a fatty one.don't go you will be disappointed. Thank you, a local.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank ezsuzy68

“one of the best!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Been to many steak houses, this one is top of list. Appetizers of oysters and bread. I had a chefs special which was a filet mignon smothered in pepper jack cheese, was perfect. My husband had seafood he loved it. Service was excellent, music playing while dining. Menu is pricy, but was all worth it. Will definitely return.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Christine b
Essex, Massachusetts
“Just passing thru”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

On our way touring be east coast passing thru Virginia beach we happened on Aberdeen's! Bring your appetite. Everything tasted great and much more than any one person should eat. The place was very busy and lots of staff. But not over done. We were not ready for a big meal so opted for salads steamed mussel and oyster Rockefellers. Plenty. Virginia beach is lucky to have such a place. Can not say enough.

1 Thank Lxrxaxcx
Virginia Beach, VA
“You can have fish at a steak house”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

But I would recommend the steak first. The staff is attentive and the cooks know their way 'round a chunk of beef. The meal is a great value.

Visited February 2013
richmond,virginia
“Very good steakhouse, been around since 1966, and still packed! Says alot!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were referred to this restaurant from the manager of the Residence Inn at the Airport, and I am so glad she did! Really nice restaurant, made reservations at 4pm for 7pm for a Saturday night, and they said it wasn't any problem. When we got there, the foyer was filled with people waiting. We told the waitress we had called for a reservation for 7pm, and were taken back within 3 to 4 minutes. The booth was very comfortable, the waiter, I think he said his name was Assam? was very good, very helpful and professional. There was an acoustical guitar being played by Dimitar Zarev, which was thoroughly enjoyable, and added to the evening. Very nice! Nice atmosphere in the decor, a little on the dark side, but very romantic in that way, as well!

As someone else mentioned, the place is a little "pricey", but we thoroughly enjoyed it, and, as I said, the place has been around since 1966, and still "going strong", so they are doing something right, even for the prices. This is just to give you a "heads up" to check out the menu and prices online ahead of time, if this will be an issue for you, so you know what to expect.

We started with the appetizers of onion rings, and bacon wrapped scallops with a sweet and sour chili sauce over cornbread. The onion rings were good, but the scallops were OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious! Wow! Some of the best I have ever had,ever, so tender, moist, and flavorful!

We enjoyed the fresh baked bread, the cheese and breadsticks, and the house salad with 1/2 boiled egg on the side(homemade dressing was very good, also). We both ordered the charcoal broiled steak delmonico, (ribeye), very tender, cooked just right, and flavorful. Hubby got french fries, which were good, and I got the baked potato, also good. I originally opted for the dessert of "lemon berry marscarpone", but was not expecting it to be what it was- although not bad, I expected a creamy cake or something similar to a tiramasou texture, but this was more like a coffee cake or muffin texture, with a layer of marscarpone, so I was a little disappointed. When the manager asked me how I liked it, I told him it wasn't what I expected, and a little disappointed. He offered to replace the dessert, and I opted for the "chocolate" bomb cake, I think it was called? , a chocolate cake with a layer of dark chocolate mousse, then light chocolate mousse, covered in a layer of chocolate icing. That was delicious! Light, great flavor, soooo good! and I appreciated the fact that he offered to replace it, even though there wasn't anything "wrong" with it, just not what I really expected.

We had a great evening here, the waiter was very good, great service from the waitstaff for the waterglasses, etc, were "right there" immediately, and all in all we enjoyed the visit, and will be back again when we are back in Norfolk/VA Beach area.

• Visited March 2013