“Great hidden spot!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great hidden spot!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Was told of this place by a colleague and tried it tonight. The atmosphere is slightly dated but the food is excellent!! We both love Chinese food and the entrees we ordered (roast duck, grandfather chicken) were delicious. Will definitely go back.

“Best of Tidewater”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

For the best service in town, there is no place better. The owner and his family still take great care of the front of the house. Along with the excellent service is the best Hong Kong food you can get.

Chesapeake
“Best Chinese food in Hampton Roads”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I have been eating at this restaurant for many years and have never gotten a disappointing meal. Their food is always fresh and made with only the best ingredients.
Simon is very friendly and willing to cook up dishes to suit your taste. His menu is wonderful with many unique dishes.
I always thought NYC had the very best Chinese food in our country, but years ago I found out The Peking Duck in VB can match any dish NY has to offer.
You will enjoy your meal and the friendly atmosphere immensely.

• Visited June 2012
chesapeake
“Excellence in Chinese dinning, near you and me”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Fairfield shopping plaze, Providence road, Kempsville road, right next to Frankies For Ribs, and right there on your GPS, ask Siri......Family owned and operated, with a spectacular New Year's dinner, which lasts for several days, and amazing food at all times. Except Monday,when they are closed. No breakfast, either. No buffet, order each item as you would in a real chineese place, which this is, in spades. They make their dumplings and the wontons for the soup each day, or so, and the taste is unreal. I love the Hong Kong Wonton soup, a big bowl, half of which I take home with me. The Peking Duck, the salty shrimp and squid, the stuffed eggplant, the lobster or fish, their fried rice.....all unbelievably good. Even the sliced orange at the end of the meal is superior. Hot tea, ice water,Coke, a bunch of liquor drinks,all that stuff, if you like.
For your first trip, bring six friends, order different stuff, try whatever comes to each seat, and you will get an idea of how grand it can get in the tasty world of real chinese cuisine. Wait around a bit and come to the New Year's event (must have reservations,) and then you'll get even more stuff, much of it not on the day to day menu. Lucky you......

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank 2test
Chesapeake, Virginia
“My Favorite Restauant”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have eaten with my family at Peking Duck Inn for over 20 Years. It is absolutely my favorite restaurant. Aside from the the great menu and wonderful specials, they will make you the custom dish of your dreams! Have you ever tried cantaloupe with stir fried chicken? It is delightful in ways that you cannot imagine. We recently introduced some old friends to PDI, and they immediately ordered the house specialty, Peking duck. In addition to deliciously crispy skin and moist, flavorful meat, they also loved the duck roll expertly assembled by the owner, Simon, at our table. His wife, Julie, is also adept at rolling the delicacy. My personal favorite is soft shell crab. You can order one or two delicately fried, or try them with with mixed vegetables and black bean sauce. My wife prefers the ginger scallion sauce, but they are both freshly prepared and taste great. They also serve fresh vegetarian meals, and can serve their hot and sour soup with chicken instead of pork for our friends that do not eat pork. They prepared a wonderful setting for a friend's retirement party, and we often see several reserved tables set aside for birthdays and family celebrations. Of course they offer takeout, but we love the service so much that we always set aside the time to eat in. You will not find a more authentic, accommodating restaurant in Virginia Beach. You'll love it!

• Visited May 2012