“Above average taste”

Dining options: Reservations
Virginia Beach
“Above average taste”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I came upon Peking Duck because I went to middle school with the owner's son. That was over 10 years ago, and my family and I still go there. Not only does my family still go, but my husband and I now go there, and I have taken some of my friends there. The duck rolls are amazing as an appetizer and the family style soup and entrees are great! The interior is somewhat dingy and could use some updating, but you hardly notice when dining in. I recommend trying this place, as the food is much better than your average strip mall chinese food.

• Visited August 2011

Corvallis, Oregon
“Best Eggplant stuffed with shrimp topped with pork”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I love to order the eggplant stuffed with shrimp topped with bits of pork. Order and eat this item in house.

• Visited June 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nothing remarkable as far as Chinese restaurants go.”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I decided to dine here while on a stay at Virginia Beach after seeing the reviews. My wife is partial to Chinese so I thought I would take a chance on this place. The overall experience was nothing out of the ordinary. The place is located in a strip mall with another restaurant adjoining it. The interior ambience is nothing special. The service was acceptable, although not terribly polished. The food was slightly better than the avg. neighborhood chinese restaurant. The roast duck I ordered with the meal was mediocre and I found that to be ironic given the name of the reatuarant. The other 2 entrees were better. This place is clearly more of a local dining hangout for seniors, as most clientele I noticed were. The owner is very friendly and on a first name basis with the locals. He makes sure to come out and interact with his local diners. Overall it was an okay experience with nothing oustanding.

1 Thank Cinciikid
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Chinese food in town”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The food here is fantastic. They will customize any dish as you wish. The friendly, personalized service can not be beaten.

2 Thank 693driver
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great service... especially to our large group!”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Great service... especially to our large group!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook