“Our standby for good Italian food”

Primo Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante
Ranked #275 of 1,414 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Our standby for good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've always enjoyed Primo whether for pizza or pasta. The atmosphere is nice, the menu quite varied and portions are enormous. I plan on taking half home for later. Service is always good, though they can be slow when busy. Most importantly, the food is consistently delicious. We always get a side of their excellent Greek salad with whatever else we order.

• Visited August 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Can not believe the customer service we received this evening!

My wife and I went in this evening for our anniversary. We ordered 2 pasta dishes that were $10 each. We asked if we could have a vodka sauce (marinara and alfredo sauce) and the waitress said yes and walked away. She never mentioned an upcharge, nothing.

We then get the bill and we were charged $18 for each of the meals!!!!!!!!! Each were $10, so we were charged $8 for the vodka sauce. When I asked the waitress why we were charged so much extra, she said there is an upcharge, and apologized for never mentioning that. I asked to speak to the manager.

The waitress walks over to the "manager" and says, "they don't want to pay $18" and his response, "do they think everything is free"? The waitress comes back and says they would be willing to only charge $16.

I asked to speak to the "manager" who turned out to be the manager's son. He walks over, has the worst attitude, and says, "I'm sorry, its a special sauce and thats the charge". I told him we were never informed of the upcharge. He apologized and said he will inform the staff, but we were still being charged $16!!

I am still dumbfounded... My family and I order from there regularly, but always to-go. This was the first time we decided to dine in. By far the WORST customer service and I will NEVER be returning.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Phoenix050713
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

While on vacation in Virginia Beach I found Primo Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant. Italian sounded like a good idea so I gave it a try, and was a Great Decision. I had Spaghetti and a salad and both were excellent. The price was good as was the service. I will certainly visit there again when in the Virginia Beach, Va. area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Adwyre
Virginia Beach
“Great food, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Locals love this place - don't let the strip mall location fool you. It is quite nice inside. The lunch menu is surprisingly reasonable for the substantial portions. Lasagna and iced tea, $10.50. Add in the complimentary fresh-baked bread (first loaf, then $2 per loaf), and you have a lovely meal for a little more than a fast food combo. And leave a nice tip for the hard-working server!

• Visited August 2013
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We loved the food and service at primo pizza. I really appreciate when a server hustles to get the kids food out first...even without asking!
Beautiful atmosphere and great food as well.
We were struggling with all if the great pizza choices. Our server suggested doing half and halfs...great suggestion!
We had the Greek, cheese, margaretti, pepperoni, white(table favorite!), and hawian. We also had a Gorgonzola pasta with chicken special which was terrific.

• Visited July 2013