“BLEW THEIR SECOND CHANCE”

Reginella's Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #208 of 1,465 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Central
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Wife (native Italian) and I (lived it Italy over 10 years) stopped going to this place a couple years back. Service was poor and although there was plently of food on the plates, the taste, look and feel of it had gotten so bad we couldn't enjoy it. Feeling lazy last night, we decided to order a couple of pizza's for pick-up. Son-in-law volunteered to do the pick-up and was very, very specific when he ordered on the phone to say "well done, please." Both pizzas he received were under cooked and he immediatelly returned them for additional cooking. When the second batch arrived at the house, the dough was flat, still under cooked and looked for all the world as if the cook had forgotten to use yeast when he developed his dough. Tomato sauce on top contained too much salt and had absolutely no flavor at all. Lesson learned - we will not be visiting this dump again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been to Reginella's many many times. They have great pizza as well as many other itallian dishes. Very authentic and very good! It's also a great place for familes.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Our usual group of 6 decided to have our October birthday dinner at Reginellas. Michael was an excellent server, though, as always, we prefer our wait staff write down our various orders.

We decided to have a pre dinner cocktail. Unless you want to pay top shelf prices, they only sell top shelf, avoid the liquor based drinks. The drinks were fine...just not a value at $7 per. Stick to beer and wine.

I believe we were all satisfied with our meals. No complaints heard at the table. Served hot and prepared to our various special requests.

The birthday girl loved her dessert and candle. A nice touch to end the meal!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Pizza is okay.. don't like their spaghetti sauce. Prices were average at the time. It has been around a long time, but not a place I think of first when thinking I want Italian food.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went to eat with my colleague, who has brought me to this place in virginia beach, and I must say that I ate one of the most delicious pizza in the U.S., the place is rustic, simple as in Italy and the menu and varied, i ate, calamari fritti & Pizza con Proscitutto e funghi, very nice, .. recommended ....