“The best ribs anywhere!”

Frankie's Place For Ribs
Ranked #306 of 1,465 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Falling off the bone tender the way ribs should be. The onion loaf is really great too and is a Frankie's favorite, but for my money it's the King Rack of ribs every time. I could easily eat two full king racks they're so good.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

There's never anyone in our family that doesn't want to eat here. Whether it's dining in or carry-out this is a top choice! All of the food here is excellent. The ribs are fantastic and the sauce is heavenly. There is ample seating too!

Don't pass this place up - definately go - you won't be disapointed!!!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Locals know ALL ABOUT Frankies!
YUM!
Family owned establishment that produces good ribs.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We went because the food is always pleasing. Most of the time they are busy, I understand this but last night, it was different. We arrived and seated immediately. Our waitress "Sherryl" came soon to get our drinks (water with lemon) and we immediately ordered the appetizer of onion loaf. Our water (no lemons) came, we had to ask for lemons again. As we sat there waiting for our onion loaf, the other customers (who came in after us got the onion loaves first. Then ours came burnt, however she brought us a second one.

Just before we got the first burnt onion loaf, we ordered our entrees of: Queen spare ribs, cole slaw and steak fries and my partner got pulled pork, cole slaw and steak fries. After working on our second onion loaf, our food came. Sherryl served us Queen spare ribs, apple sauce and fruit cup and my partner got pulled pork, cole saw and baked beans. When we told her we didn't order this, she told us we did. Soon after she brought us a plate of steak fries and two bowls of cole slaw.

She later brought the bill which had our original order of 1 Onion loaf, two waters and Queen spare ribs, cole slaw and steak fries and my partner got pulled pork, cole slaw and steak fries, which I paid for.

The food was good, however the service from Sherryl and her insistance of what we did not order left us upset and disappointed. They were busy with parties and other customers, but service should be given in a timely manner first come first served basis.

On a side note: The restrooms were in need of attention. While sitting there (next to the restroom door) a number of female customers complained about their facility needing attention. Later, I visited the men's room and wished I didn't.

1  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I only eat my ribs at Frankie's!! We drive from the ocean front every year, wouldn't miss it! The smell as soon as you walk in, is to die for!!!