“Yum!”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: First Court
Description: Salt is an upscale restaurant in the Hampton Roads area. Salt features seafood, steaks and regional ~ international ingredients from all over the world. Salt is a refined dining environment featuring a spacious patio, 16 seat bar, and a dining area that seats over 80 guests.
Virginia Beach
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch. Great service. Yummy , fine dining restaurant with an Asian fusion flair. Highly recommend the tuna sliders! Served on toasted Hawaiian rolls, moist, flavorful fresh tuna burgers, served with a touch of avocado , black sesame seeds and sericha sauce. Topped with fried wontons points. The best I have ever had. Sliders came with a light mix green salad with a wonderful ginger vinegrette. Could not resist to take home the blackberry cheesecake as well. Cannot wait to come back to this new establishment with its hip bar and nice atmosphere to try more!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SherryCannon

Virginia beach
“Great new restaurant....”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Great food and a friendly staff. Has a modern chic feel....with black and greys. First course was the Ahi over crab salad wonton. Best Ahi i've had in Virginia Beach. The crab was a nice touch. Second course was the grouper with black rice. This very tasty dish was fresh and delicious. Love seeing new restaurants opening in the area and this one won't disappoint foodies in the region.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BeachAmmo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Star is Born”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm proud to be the first to write a review for Salt. As of this writing, they have been open 4 days.
Located on Pleasure House Rd in Church Point, this restaurant will make noise in the Virginia Beach Restaurant establishment. My wife and I were happy to celebrate our 21st anniversary lunch at Salt.
The cuisine is wonderful. It's an Asian Fusion menu. We met one of the owners and he proudly told us of his Hawaiian heritage and it's influence on the food. My wife had the Asian noodle soup, while I started with the Buligari Wrap (seasoned duck and crisps with onion and chili paste that you wrap in lettuce, like an Asian Burrito). Our entrée was one of the specials, Ahi Tuna sliders.
Our celebration started with a Champagne Split (Tiamo Prosecco) and we had a glass of Torrontes (Chilean) with the meal.
The service was great from our waiter, Chris. Salt is part of Opentable.com and reservations will be golden on the weekends, due to anticipated traffic. The Dining room is very romantic and contemporary. They also have outdoor seating that has a water view.
The only improvement is could see for Salt at this point would be the price point on wines and the selection of wines by the glass. The wine list is decent, but prices are a higher than a typical establishment in VA Beach. The few wines by the glass are priced $10+.
The lunch prices are upper range, with appetizers , salads and entrees running between $10-15,.but we'll worth the experience. It's a flexible menu for a group. I could see a Tapas style meal, if you're looking to have a sampler meal from the menu. Since the location is near my home, I can also see hanging out at the 20 seat bar and having a drink. I can't wait to try the Tyku Sake ($18 bottle) and I can't wait to have lunch or dinner again at Salt.
The combination of location, decor, service and food will soon make Salt the talk of Virginia Beach.

• Visited April 2013