“For us, third time is not a "charm" at this location!”
Review of Chili's

Chili's
Ranked #649 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“For us, third time is not a "charm" at this location!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited this location 3 times in the past years. This time was a Wednesday for lunch. The only reason we went this time is that we had been given a gift card for a Birthday present. I personal will avoid the place.

Our first visit was years ago with our lunch group of 8 people. We notice that the waiter wrote nothing down as we a gave our order. Five asked for unsweetened iced tea, all were given sweat tea; they went back. One asked for the Nachos with no jalapeno, it came with the peppers, it went back. One had a bowl of chili, the waiter would not pick up the empty bowl no matter how hard it was hinted it was finished. I had ordered a beef sandwich of some kind, I got chicken, it went back. It took so long that most everyone was finished before my sandwich came out. I told them "forget it and just bring me a bowl of soup". Just mistake after mistake.

Our second visit was about 2 years ago for a birthday party that had been planed for and a reservation made. It was a disaster! It took so long for the food to come out that most of it was taken off the bill when complaints were made. It took over 45 minutes for my plate of Nachos to arrive. One had gotten ribs that were so dry they were refused. Terrible service the whole time. They were not prepared as they should have been. I said that this would be my last time here, it was, until the gift card came.

This third lunch visit was off too. Again the waitress wrote nothing down when we ordered. Why they do this, I don't know. We both got Loaded Baked potato soup which was very good but just not as hot as we thought is should be. One asked for the Old Timer burger without cheese and no onion, mayo on the side. Guess what? It came with cheese and no mayo at all, it was sent back and corrected fairly quickly. I had the Beef Enchiladas. They tasted okay but were not freshly made, that's for sure. The ends for the enchiladas were hard and crisp, not soft as they should be. The black beans looked dried out and the rice was a little chewy. It looked as if it had been setting under a heat lamp or maybe microwaved. It did not taste bad but it was not fresh as we thought it should be. I have had enchiladas at Mexican restaurants, never have the tortillas been hard on the ends. Once the burger mistake was corrected, it was said to be very good. To top it all off, once our meals were served, we had to ask for flat ware and napkins. They should have been given to us when our soup came if they are not going to have it on the table already.

I've been to a Chili's in Wilmington NC twice and never had an issue. That was for dinner. At this location, it's always been lunch or the afternoon party. I'm not saying the food tastes bad, doesn't, but it's not great either. Maybe other locations are doing a better job. With my issues here, I say "go across the street".

• Visited February 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not as good as Chilis my Navy base”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Service was good but food was bland. No fajita seasoning and veggies were overcooked so kind of soft

• Visited September 2013
Brechin, United Kingdom
“Friday Night Hang-out”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and i like to go here on a Friday evening to eat then have a few drinks at the bar. It gets extremely busy after 7pm or thereabouts, but our food came quickly and was delicious!!!!!The chicken with mango was melt in the mouth tasty!!!!!!BRANDON our Bartender was friendly,very efficient ,and definitely kept everyone in good spirit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank fran r

Been to Chili's? Share your experiences!