“Best Fried platter” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Adams, Massachusetts
“Best Fried platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had fried shrimp, my husband had the fried scallops both were very tender, not over cooked. The batter was very light and crispy. Nice little salad bar that went with the meal. Best seafood meal we had thus far...very reasonable price

Visited July 2013
1 Thank lmacek

VA
“Little Italian place that just doesn't make the cut”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have eaten at Sofia’s for the past two Fourth of July’s, pretty much because it doesn’t have a long wait, and this year there was no wait at all. Last year it appeared they were remodeling, so we thought we would give it another try. The food is just average and overpriced. For the price of my family of five I feel I should have just splurged and gone down to Neptunes for seafood I know we would have loved. The staff is polite enough, but that’s about it, average. This year I tried something different, chicken queen, which is breaded chicken, that I’m not a big fan of to begin, with shrimp over noodles in a garlic sauce, all of which I like, but the garlic sauce was just wrong and I couldn’t any of eat it. The waitress apologized and asked if I wanted to order something else, and I declined. They did take my meal off after being requested to do so without much trouble. I hope next year we beat the rush on the boardwalk and are able to find another place to eat.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank hteVa
Anderson, South Carolina
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate there this weekend. We were tired and this was close.
I will say first the staff is very pleasant and accommodating but the good ended there.
The salad bar was a joke. There was lettuce, cheese, croutons, tomatoes that looked like they had been there for days, watered down dressing. I think I saw some mushrooms, not much anything else.
She crab soup was so thick and milky with not much of any other flavour.
The lasagne was not fresh...It was like a big pile of mush.
Their marinara sauce was good but the meatballs were like rubber balls. Could barely cut them.
Eggplant parmesan was ok.
I think this is one of those places you come to once and don't return...
It is very outdated and needs help.

2 Thank Beachy1966
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“A new place worth trying.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We actually had a good experience here. Good service, good food, and decent price, compared to what we were paying at some other places. My husband loved their jumbo shrimp, even over Abbey Road's (which he really likes). I got the chicken parmesan and I've had better, the chicken was a little tough, had trouble cutting it. I would try something different if we went back. But we needed something different and it's good to have a new place to go to along Atlantic that is easy to walk to.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Woodstock, Virginia
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this place after combing Atlantic Ave for a seafood restaurant that didn't have a 2 hour wait for a table. Unsuccessful, we were at this point just looking for somewhere to eat. The menu looked okay, and there were a couple people inside, so we entered and were quickly seated. I should have made my customary TripAdvisor search before ordering, but for some reason did not (a mistake, as it turns out). I ordered a steak and crab legs, and my girlfriend ordered the crab cakes. They both came with the salad bar, but one look (as other reviewers have mentioned) told us to stay far away from that. Our drinks and bread arrived shortly, followed quickly by our food (even though there was a 14 top in the back that had arrived shortly before us). My steak was cooked as I requested, but it had a mealy (read: cheap) texture and plenty of gristle. The potato was small and overcooked, and the crab legs arrived almost cold. My girlfriends crab cakes were inedible - crab flavored mush. We didn't stick around for dessert.

Our waitress was very nice and helpful, and the service was very quick. My dinner was edible, but your mileage may vary. The restaurant is very outdated, and frankly we should have just kept walking - there are other, more appealing restaurants the further south you go.

• 1 of 5 bubbles