“Poor”

Sofia's North End Grill
Woodstock, Virginia
“Poor”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this place after combing Atlantic Ave for a seafood restaurant that didn't have a 2 hour wait for a table. Unsuccessful, we were at this point just looking for somewhere to eat. The menu looked okay, and there were a couple people inside, so we entered and were quickly seated. I should have made my customary TripAdvisor search before ordering, but for some reason did not (a mistake, as it turns out). I ordered a steak and crab legs, and my girlfriend ordered the crab cakes. They both came with the salad bar, but one look (as other reviewers have mentioned) told us to stay far away from that. Our drinks and bread arrived shortly, followed quickly by our food (even though there was a 14 top in the back that had arrived shortly before us). My steak was cooked as I requested, but it had a mealy (read: cheap) texture and plenty of gristle. The potato was small and overcooked, and the crab legs arrived almost cold. My girlfriends crab cakes were inedible - crab flavored mush. We didn't stick around for dessert.

Our waitress was very nice and helpful, and the service was very quick. My dinner was edible, but your mileage may vary. The restaurant is very outdated, and frankly we should have just kept walking - there are other, more appealing restaurants the further south you go.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jmuduke14

“Yuck”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I left thinking "Was that a joke?? We're we just punked??" The restaurant is huge yet they seated us right next to the only other couple in the restaurant. The salad bar was pathetic and it took everything we had to not bust out into hysterical roars of laughter. It was this old contraption that looked left over from the previous owner back in 1960. There was an employee dressed in gym clothes at the "bar". The decor was the ugliest I'd ever seen,,,,60-70 era. The food was so overpriced. We still talk about that night and we just laugh,,,,hard.

2 Thank Jennyj44
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate here because it was close to where we stayed and our waitress we had was very friendly but the rest of the staff were not. It was very plain looking and needed some updates. The food wasn't horrible but for the price I have had better quality food and service. Don't recommend anyone wasting their money here.

va.bch.
“Good prices,family atmosphere”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went here by just passing by,the servers really know the menu,We had Calamari as an appetizer,and two fish dinners,yummy!Myserver recomended a great wine that went well with dinner.We finished off with a lemon cake that was out of this world. Very good experience,will go back.

“Horrible”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Me and my wife went to this place the first nite and it was horrible. The staff wasn't nice and food was even worse my wife found a fly in her vegetable and they didn't even say sorry so if you go there make sure you look in your food...