“A gem and a great value”
Review of Oceans 2700 Hotel

Oceans 2700 Hotel
Ranked #62 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
USA
“A gem and a great value”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel looks like a new building, but it isn't. Whoever renovated it did a wonderful job. The rooms are immaculate. We rented 2 rooms one for my wife and me and one for my daughter and her family. The beds are very comfortable and there are plenty of pillows. The interior decorating is what you'd expect to find in a much pricier hotel. Some may consider the furnishings too sparse, but in my wife's opinion is that it is perfect for the space and the furniture is a better quality than you normally see.
We were greeted by a very attractive and cheerful woman at the front desk (Carrie) who was helpful answering questions about attractions my family and I were interested in visiting. All of the staff were friendly and efficient. It was a long trip from St. Louis but well worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms toward 27th street behind the Office have better Wi-Fi connectivity.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank UsaWelltravelled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, great beds and linens. Customer service is great. Location to beach is easy walking distance. Only issue is no hair dryer in room so bring your own. The front desk does have some they will let you use.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank actravelssome
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Actravelssome,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. We couldn't be happier with your satisfaction. You mentioned the fact that we do not offer hair dryers in our rooms. You are correct in that. We try to keep a very clean, crisp, clutter free environment for our guests. It is felt that the mounting of a hairdryer with possible tangled cords would take away from that. Therefore as you mentioned, we do have hairdryers available for those interested at the front desk and of course at no charge.
We thank you again for your comments and certainly hope for your return.
Zebulon, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

When we arrived at our king room all looked very clean. There was only one night stand on one side of bed. In the bathroom was a pedestal sink with no vanity. No where to put your toiletries or tooth brush or hairbrush or change of clothes. You had to put the toilet seat down to put your change of clothes on or lay them on the floor. The room had no chairs to sit in. If you wanted to read or watch tv you had to do it from the bed. No where else to sit. At night you could not sleep because the outside light lit up the room. Only blinds on the window and no drapes. I called to ask for a hair dryer from the front desk and was told they would not bring it to our room, that I had to come to front desk to get it. It was our 32nd anniversary and it was not pleasent at all, in fact we left a day early. I could not even get that credited back. All they kept saying is I'm sorry, I understand. Never offered a solution.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Annette R
Ms. Annette, R.
I do thank you for taking the time to leave your opinions regarding our property. You did mention several things with your stay that you were not satisfied with. I'd like to address those comments with you. One, you mentioned the lack of seating, lack of vanity in our bathroom, and the light through the windows; well Ms. Annett, you are correct in what you state. I cannot deny that. we unfortunately have not had all these items purchased and installed and/or rectified fully at this time, however, you yourself stated that you reviewed us online. You would have clearly seen that these are not just your concerns but concerns for many. These are things that we do not try to hide or mislead on. Once checked in ma'am, if our room was not up to your expectations or to your satisfaction, you most certainly could have checked out at that time and had been fully refunded. Our desk staff would have even assisted you in finding alternative accommodations for your stay. However, you did not choose to do so. Regarding your comment about checking out a day early, you did in fact check out a day earlier then anticipated, however you checked out at 4pm where had you checked out prior to 11am which is our check out time, you certainly could have been refunded. Again, that was not the case. You choose to check out after housekeeping had gone for the day and where the room could not be serviced and turned over for sale, therefore since you occupied that room for the majority of the day, you were left to pay for it. Now with all that being said I do sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with our property. Our ultimate goal is to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests. If and when we are not able to do so, we try to assist and find other accommodations that may be more suitable to the individual(s). If you as a consumer are not satisfied and do not allow us that opportunity to correct, then unfortunately that is out of our hands.
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The only reason I am giving the room itself three stars instead of four is because of the lack of seating. The room was very clean, the beds were extremely comfortable but there is no where to sit except the beds. If a couple is staying...probably not a big deal, but not ideal for a family gathering. I was impressed with the renovations and fresh appearance of the rooms but the seating situation for me was an inconvenience and a large one! As to noise...VA beach is noisy in general, didn't have a big problem with noise, or the white blinds. Would probably return, but would not meet up with a group due to the lack of seating. One other complaint...there needs to be more than one tiny trash can in the rooms...not sure what the thinking is there?

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank LisaAC5
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700 Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
LisaAC5,

You amongst many other guests have the same concern(s) regarding the seating or in this case, lack there of. This is something we are in the process of working on and do hope to have furnished in the near future. Regarding the second trash can.....already done, now just waiting for delivery.

I am glad to know that you are pleased with your overall stay and do look forward to your return.

Until then, please feel free to contact us should we be of further assistance.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed over Memorial Day Weekend. We loved how clean the room is - white sheets and a white coverlet are a really nice touch, and the bed was super comfy. The shower was also phenomenal, best water pressure of any hotel I've ever stayed in!

I was under the impression when I booked that the beach was right across the street - it's actually a couple of streets over, although still very close. And short walking distance to some really great restaurants and bars.

The real problems came at night. There are no drapes, and the blinds don't do much to block out light - it was quite bright in the room. And it was very noisy, with people coming and going right by our room at all hours (we were near the stairs) talking very loudly. Our neighbor would also stand directly outside his door and smoke, which was sucked straight through the AC unit into our room.

After 2 nights of terrible sleep, I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank andrea b
Andrea B.,

We appreciate you taking the time to send in your comments regarding your stay and our hotel. I am delighted to hear you were pleased with our rooms and the location of the property. I do understand your concerns with the light coming in. I would like to inform you that we have started working on the light situation in that we've blackened out the exterior light fixtures for the rooms thus dampening some of that light. We too are in the mist of looking into black out drapes to take care of any additional light and of course the beautiful sun that shines in first thing in the morning.

Regarding the noise factor, I do apologize. Unfortunately for you, you were placed by the stairs, and yes does tend to get a little loud from time to time as guests are leaving out and or returning to their rooms. Again I apologize for that inconvenience.

I do hope you'll return in the near future and see for yourself the improvements we're working on.

Thank you again for your time and look forward to your return.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay at Oceans 2700 was good. The only issue we had was the lack of furniture...no table (except for the nightstand), no chairs, and only 1 trash can. The room appears to be newly renovated and very clean. The white helps with the clean look. The bathroom is a nice size, however, there is no place to sit your toiletries on.

All-in-all we would definitely stay there again. We would be prepared for the lack of furniture and bring our own.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lilsmlwonder
Lilsmlwonder,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay and our property. I am delighted you had an enjoyable time and thank you for recognizing all the hard work we've put into this property to make it what it is today.

You are correct in the lack of seating and no bathroom vanity space. These are things we are working on and have been working on. Unfortunately it has taken us longer then anticipated, but I assure you, they are coming.

Thank you again for your time and we certainly look forward to your return.

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We intended to spend a full Saturday night at the hotel, but stayed less than 1 hour. First , the staff was great. Alyssa (hope I spelled her name right), was great. She was very accommodating and went out of her way to maintain the integrity of the property and the safety of the guests.

The room was o.k. The bed was extremely comfortable, for the short time we were there, and the bathroom was nice. The room definitely needs a table or a small couch since the only place to sit is on the bed. Also, there is no room key. The doors have a number punch pad and you have to put in a code. This seems like a good idea, but the code we were given was very long. This is probably not the safest if someone got a hold of your code, or if you are trying to get into your room in a hurry.

Now for the bad part. We happened to be there on College Weekend. While we were trying to decide where to eat dinner we heard a lot of yelling outside. When we went outside there was a crowd of about 50 people yelling and cussing. One set of girls chased another set into their rooms and then began banging on the window. Now, Alyssa did everything that she could. She left the office and tried to chase everyone off the property (2/3 of them did not stay there); however, due to the open access to the street (no gates or additional security staff) she just didn't have a chance. I finally left my room and tried to assist. The police were called and the crowd dispersed.

After that issue, we decided to leave immediately, and I am glad that we did. Alyssa apologized profusely and informed us that it is not always like this. And as a former resident of Va Beach, I can attest that this was just a bad weekend.

All and all, I would try this hotel again; however, I do think that management should have more help at night....and they should definitely give Alyssa a raise!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Andre G
Andre G.,

I thank you for leaving your comments in regards to our property. You are absolutely correct in that the weekend of your stay was a horrible weekend for all at the beach. I don't think anyone could have been completely prepared for the events that took place. Unfortunately being our first year open, we did not have the heads up as to what all to expect. We've learned the hard way and will certainly be better prepared in the future.

I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction with our property and staff. We do try very hard to keep a clean and respectable place for families to come and enjoy our beach.

Again, thank you for your comments and we do certainly hope you'll return.