“Great service, great drinks, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thirty7north - CLOSED

Thirty7north
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shore Drive
Description: Head in the direction of Thirty Seven North, the new dining destination for elegant "farm to table", American cuisine. Our Virginia Beach restaurant provides a casual on-the-water atmosphere in the Shore Drive area that is warm, local, and far north of ordinary. We pride ourselves on bringing you the freshest seasonal ingredients available and preparing modern fare using local produce, meats, and seafood with both traditional and exotic recipes. Our menu is ever-changing so that we can evolve with the seasons and today’s freshest catch. Live Music: Friday and Saturday!
“Great service, great drinks, great food!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I joined my family for dinner here which ended up being a group of 11 or 12. They set us aside in their private party room in the back which was very nice, allowing us to have our meal without the commotion of the rest of the restaurant. I joined late, so I didn't catch our server's name, but he was a young man with shaggy brown hair. He was very knowledgeable and friendly, and hit all the key points of service throughout our meal.
We had the tuna poke and pretzel bites for an appetizer, which were both delicious. The tuna poke came on a tempura sweet potato chip which had a nice crunch, complemented well by the flavor of the tuna. The pretzel bites were soft and warm, served with a horseradish mustard/cheese sauce.
For my entree, I had the 12oz strip steak with mushrooms, and the server recommended the sauteed spinach and shallots for my second side. The steak was cooked nicely, and was complemented perfectly with my mushrooms and spinach. I ordered a glass of zinfandel to go with my steak which was a perfect match! Others in my party had mahi, skirt steak, and scallops, but what really pleased us was that the chef went out of his way to make a custom vegetarian dish for my mother which was as beautiful as it was tasty; really felt the love with that!
For desert I had a peanut butter dish which was OK, but I really loved the chocolate desert my father ordered; it went perfectly with my port wine!
To top it off, the chef visited our party two separate times, once before entrees, and after desert, to make sure everything was OK.
All in all, my entire party enjoyed everything about our trip, and are eager to return again soon. I highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rockin_in_theUSA

Virginia
“Outstanding meal”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The waiter was unbelievably knowledgeable and superb overall. The sommelier was fair; she did not know her wines much, to be honest, and encouraged us to buy one that was not as great as she let on.

But the food was imaginative, creative, delicious-out-of-this-world food with amazingly interesting textures and combinations. My GF had the gnocchi, which was fab, and I had scallops after a beet and goat cheese salad, which was stellar.

Real gastronomy...! Gourmand's delight!

2 Thank Petronius X
Houston, Texas
“Good even with a group of 40”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We enjoyed a birthday celebration dinner for a group of about 40 on a Saturday night and were not disappointed by the food or service. Frankly, I'm from out of town and my expectations were not that high that this quiet place on a marina could get food for this many people, on separate checks no less, out correctly while being hot and tasty. Was I wrong. The food was delicious and the service was really amazing, or perhaps I was distracted by all the fun. Either way, I would go back. It is worth the drive from Town Center where we were staying.

1 Thank Liz D
Rochester, ny
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great well hidden and quiet restaurant. Fantastic food. Excellent service. Reasonable prices. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Cbrooks294
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Brunch at Thrity7 North”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We tried the newly offered Sunday Brunch at Thirty7 North and were very pleased with the outcome. This highly regarded restaurant near Shore Drive started serving Brunch a few months ago and we wanted to give it a try after having several excellent dinners there over the last year. We made reservations for 10:30 AM and there were about 6 cars there when we arrived. The restaurant is very attractively decorated and is on a large Marina and Docking island extending into Long Creek and therefore has a beautiful view of the water and outside dining if desired. The new menu offers a variety of breakfast foods at very reasonable prices for the area. They had a Bloody Mary Bar going where you could get a custom made Bloody Mary (with several different Vodka brands etc.) if that is your interest. My Partner and I tried two dishes and shared them so we could each compare our impressions of the food. We ordered the Blackened Shrimp and Grits and the Breakfast Sandwich. The Shrimp and Grits offered fresh Shrimp cooked on a grill and then mixed with South Carolina Stone Ground white Grits in a scrumptious sauce. It was one of the best presentations of this famous breakfast food I have enjoyed. My partner was very impressed with the offering. I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich which was a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and a sausage patty served on a Croissant with a small Arugula and cherry tomato salad. It also very good however the Croissant was overcooked and dry. They also offer seasonal pancakes and we tried one which was a strawberry Pancake with butter and real maple syrup. It was also quite good and a stack of those would be great. We were quite impressed and will definitely be going back for the brunch. Hurry and give it a try before the tourists arrive and find out about it.