“Great for brunch or dinner”

LUBO Wine Bar & Cafe
Ranked #276 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cuisine includes an eclectic mix of American influenced by Italy, France & Mexico. Very good wine list.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Wife and I frequent this wine bar quite often for their wine selection, warm atmosphere, and excellent black and Bleu Nachos! The staff is friendly and the facility is nice for both indoor and outdoor seating. They also serve Saturday and Sunday brunch with great food and excellent drink specials!

1  Thank Christopher D
There are newer reviews for LUBO Wine Bar & Cafe

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friends and I have gone to Lubo several times this spring and summer (2013). We usually go on Tuesday nights (when they have their wine tasting specials), but I've occasionally gone other nights as well.

The first several times we went we all really enjoyed it. Their crab dip is out of this world! The wine tastings on Tuesday are a great deal: You get three tastes of any wine on their weekly tasting list for $5 (for all three). You can also order a single glass of wine for $5 on Tuesday.

HOWEVER, the last two times I went to Lubo (circa May 2013) we had absolutely atrocious service!! There was one young male server who was unforgivably rude to our group. He wouldn't take our drink orders and then accused us of breaking a wobbly candle holder on purpose! We had to speak to the manager about it and she nicely heard us out and gave all of us $10 gift cards.

Then I went again on a Friday about two weeks later and once again was treated rudely to the point of almost leaving! This time, they told my friend and I to sit wherever we wanted (it was early). But then an older server (assistant manager?) came over and yelled at us for sitting at a large table with a small group. He said we should go upstairs and sit wherever we wanted there. Well, my friend and I sat ourselves at a window table upstairs only to be yelled at AGAIN for sitting there and told we couldn't sit at that table but had to move. At this point, we almost left -- If they cared where we sat, why didn't anyone simply SEAT US like at a normal restaurant? However, a very nice waitress mollified us and we stayed for appetizers and a drink.

Since then, I haven't returned (haven't even used my gift card) because I've really never been treated that rudely by any servers anywhere. We are well-dressed women in our 20's and 30's for the most part -- why be rude? I hope Lubo deals with their out-of-control servers (the rude ones I had were men - one young man and one older man).

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Deliciousness at its best. The Black & Blue Nachos are wonderful. We had Burgers & Mac &Cheese followed by the Bread Pudding. Balsamic Reduction mixes well with the dishes. Robert made us a Peach Bellini. Purchased a bottle of Balsamic for home.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our first visit to Lubo was just as our friends had described! We all enjoyed tasting some new wines and had great food and conversation. Our group stuck with several appetizers which we shared along with an amazing bread pudding/ice cream dessert. The white pizza and the blue nachos won the day! Entrees sounded great but we were in for a more casual night. A little noisy but not distracting. Always fun to taste new wines and see whose palate like each one! We can't wait to go back when it is warm enough for the patio service!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visted Lubo's with friends that had previously been here and mentioned how wonderful it was. Unfortunately, this was not the case on my visit. The waitress we had was terribly slow and unattentive. We had to ask her for more water, wine, etc. The food at best was average. I ordered an appetizer that was so small and overpriced that even the person that brought the food to me seemed embarrassed. My friends were a little surprised as well and asked if I wanted to order additional food. I had asked the waitress about the size and she assured me it was good size and would be a good choice for my dinner. Once I tasted it, it was not flavorful at all and I ate only half of the exceptionally small plate of food.
I found the food and wine to be overpriced for what is offered. The only positive, is when I asked a person about wine, that particular person seemed knowledgeable. But since it is a wine bar, that should be expected.
It's a shame since it could be such a great place but due to poor customer service and over priced food/wine, I will not return and I doubt my friends will either.