Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
Review Highlights
Excellent Place to Spend Some Time

This is such an amazing place to spend some time ! So many beautiful and meaningful forms of art... read more

Reviewed April 3, 2019
3322jackpot
Neat little place!

While looking at activities to do in VA Beach this was one I found. I knew I had to go because I... read more

Reviewed April 5, 2019

from $66.55
from $60.00
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews dale chihuly exhibit space exhibits change few hours moca admission collector drawing beach theatre membership school coupon
Selected filters
Reviewed May 25, 2018

The MOCA in Virginia Beach is a great way to spend a morning or afternoon. Full disclosure: we are members and renew our membership every year. Since we've been many times this review will be a compilation.

All the major shows we've seen have been worth the time. And even if there isn't a big show on when you are in the area, the standing collection is a lot of fun.
They also offer classes or workshops.
MOCA is the sponsor of the Virginia Beach Boardwalk Art show, a curated seaside show in the summer, usually June. So if you don't make it to the MOCA building, try to see the boardwalk show. We've added to our collection each time we've gone.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed March 22, 2018

I enjoyed going here because I like leaving my vehicle in one spot and walking around. This attraction was a short walk from the ocean front and displays a MARVELOUS hand blown piece that is so magnificent that the room had to be built around it! Must see, must stand under and take a picture! If I still had the same computer I would have loved to upload it for you to see! Check online for coupons. Also remember, it is a museum, so your admission is also a donation, which is tax deductible for those concerned.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed January 2, 2018

I have been to this Art Museum several times during the past year. Exhibits are very well put together and staff is very friendly. Last Dec they had the exhibit that showed how the Portsmouth was so credicial in the Nations conflicts mostly giving history and ship building. Very indepth and well worth the time if that is what you like like me. If not this could be very boring. Not for young kids, too much reading.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 23, 2017

This is an excellent way to spend a few hours while at VA Beach. The museum is not very big, so you can tour the entire collection in about 2-3 hrs. Plenty of free parking, but the museum charges a small admission fee. BTW - They have a Chihuly chandelier with it's own special room that is really amazing and worth the admission and time to see alone.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank RazrBlzr
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Even if weather very bad - go somewhere else. Really nothing to see inside. How they can charge money for nothing? Was with family with kids, for the price of good meal spent 5 minutes browsing nothing. Not nice at all. It is affecting city's reputation.

Date of experience: November 2017