“Very impressed!”

Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Asheville, North Carolina
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have a 12 and 14 year old and me and my wife. At first glance you might think its not kid friendly when you see the adult only indoor pool but they actually have an awesome larger indoor pool for any age complete with a built in whirl pool as part of the pool and water jets....very cool. They have outdoor pools too but it was in April and too cold during our stay. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and super clean (my wife has an issue with cleanliness way overboard...but this hotel impressed her. The ocean front suite was sweet...Master bedroom, guest bedroom, large full kitchen and a huge balcony made us feel special! Trust this family when I say that if you stay here bring your kids if you have any and if you don't bring some friends because there is plenty of room for two couples ....Three large flat screen tvs LR, Master and Guest bedroom...Super clean hotel. We got the third night free that averaged around $120 a night although the room was $160 on Monday, $200 on Tuesday and 3rd night free. I almost cancelled because of the clever marketing making you think the rooms were $120 a night 3rd night free. Other than that, I loved tis place and so did my two sons including my too cool 14 year old. Try it, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Are room was on the 12th floor directly above the party balcony...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Russell B,

I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We certainly welcome guests of all ages. It is no secret that keeping young adults entertained can be challenging; I am glad that we were able to satisfy them as well! We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very nice hotel conveniently located right on the boardwalk. The room was spacious and had a great view. Staff was very helpful. No restaurant but the lounge in the lobby was a great place for a drink. If you are looking for a great hotel right on the water this place shouldn't be missed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Tyler H,

Thank you for takign the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the team. Ultra Martini Lounge is indeed a great place to have a drink. During this time of the year Tortuga's Cafe and Tiki Bar, our outdoor restaurant located on the pool deck, is open for breakfast each morning in Ocean Beach Club and remains open weather-permitting. We look forward to serving you during your next trip to Virginia Beach!
North Carolina, USA
Reviewed March 23, 2014

First of all, I read TripAdvisor before I travel. I called Jason, the general manager, twice, to make some request, but he never returned my call (ext. 4566). We are still at the resort as I write this, and I've never heard back from the manager. While I visit VA Beach once or twice a year, this is our first time at Oceanaire. I had to call Interval International, where I'm a Platinum member, to air my special request for a particular 1 Bedroom suite with full kitchen, since we are staying here for 8 days and I want those 8 days to be a pleasant stay. At any rate, I was given a room that had a satisfactory ocean view, not oceanfront as I had hoped for - a bummer for my wife. Olivia, the desk clerk, received us well as we checked in. On the positive side, I like the room decor and the flat screen TVs in the living room and master's are large, and they have DVD players. But the utensils are sparse (few spoon, forks, knives), the lighting above the dining table was positioned out of place and we easily bumped our heads, and the jacuzzi tub's water stopper does not work, so we will have to call maintenance tomorrow. The beds are only queen size, and that is why my wife prefers Marriot resorts for their king beds. But even if they only had a small queen bed, I would still have given this a 5-star if I got an Oceanfront room. There were many people here on the weekend on their promo tour to sell timeshares and I guess those people got more priority for the oceanfront rooms. I'm not complaining about the parking, which is one block away, but their driveway for guest checking-in is tight. I think there's room for improvement, and will maybe come back. If they gave me a room that faced the other Ocean Beach Club building, I won't come back here since I'm claustrophic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear ayap,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies for missing your call. I am unsure of the circumstances that led to our inability to connect before or during your time with us. Unfortunately I just recieved this review and I am not certain if you are still staying with us. I am disappointed that we could not speak while you and your wife were here, if you have departed, especially given the challenges that you noted about the dining light and the jacuzzi tub. I, along with our team, take great pride in our property and wish to provide each guest and owner with a memorable stay. That being said, I do appreciate your kind words about Olivia during check in and your feedback on the things that we can improve upon. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at 757.452.6064.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Like the title says, the best in Virginia Beach. From the moment we arrived at the Oceanaire Resort, every staff member we came in contact with was 5 star professional. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable about the local restaurants and night life. The hotel bar was nice but a little over priced. The pool was relaxing, hot tub was indeed hot and relaxing. Our suite was amazing, when I walked in, you would've thought you were walking into a million dollar apartment. Stainless steel appliances everywhere. We didn't use anything but the fridge but if I was staying with my family, I would've loved to cook in that beautiful kitchen. Pots, bowls, utensils, and cups were provided.... With a nice dishwasher. If you want to enjoy a vacation in Virginia Beach, stay here! You will feel so at home. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in my travels around the world and I just found the #1 hotel in the world.

Kudos Oceanaire on an amazing property!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DaveNthe804
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear DaveNthe804,

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I think that we may have just found our #1 guest. :-) I will be sure to pass along your kudos to our team. They strive to ensure that each guest and owner has a memorable experience through providing great guest service. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Virginia Beach!
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Beautiful room with special touches such as a blender and glassware. Incredibly friendly staff, lovely bar and outdoor areas. Unfortunately there is no on-site parking, although they do offer a valet option for $16.00 per day. I would have liked it to have a restaurant but of course there are restaurants within walking distance so it is not a huge inconvenience. Overall it was a wonderful experience and we will stay there again! We were there for the Shamrock and it is in between the start and the finish so it was the perfect location!

1 Thank Jenny S
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Jenny S,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time. Shamrock weekend marks the opening of Tortuga's Cafe & Tiki Bar, our seasonal food & beverage operation. We were so fortunate to have such great weather on Saturday and see our owners and guests enjoy the outdoor patio. I hope that you have fully recovered from the race, whether as a competitor or a spectator, and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our stay was average. However, there was one particular person that made every situation more bearable, Khalil Brown. No matter the situation, he handle it with professionalism & sincerity. He always greeted us with a warm smile, and asked if there was anything he could do. He was professional, sincere, yet friendly. Khalil is the epitome of what hospitality staffing should be. Thanks Khalil for making our stay pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Therissa W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I, too, think that Khaulil is a wonderful example of someone who provides great service. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was "average". We strive to provide memorable experiences for all of our owners and guests. I would be happy to speak with you at your conveince to discuss your stay. You can contact me by dialing 757.213.0601 and asking for my extension. I look forward to speaking with you. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the beach!
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Oceanaire had everything we were looking for in a long-weekend escape: a full kitchen in suite, ocean-view balcony and lots of natural light, a well-equipped gym, both indoor and outdoor pools, and a location right on the boardwalk. My fiance and I loved that the indoor pool and hot tub had adult only hours after 8:00 pm-- we'd had enough of screaming children on other vacations to appreciate this feature. We felt like we got great amenities for the money, and would definitely recommend the hotel to other young professionals looking for a relaxing weekend away.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
2 Thank TheDistrictTraveler
Dear TheDistrictTraveler,

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! We receive many compliments on the adult only pool experience. As of this weekend, we will return to our 21 & up standard during all hours of operation. We look forward to seeing you and your fiance during your next trip to Virginia Beach!