“Great stay! 1 bedroom with ocean view and plenty of space.”

Oceanaire Resort Hotel
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Comfortable one bedroom with kitchen. Two 40 inch TV's, indoor pool and spa. Right on the beach and when the balcony door is open you can hear the surf. Staff was as friendly and helpful as can be.
Parking is a block away in a high rise parking facility. Valet parking is available. Central to all the shoppes and stores. Very good stay. Bed was satisfactory even though it was queen. Bedroom could accommodate a king. Clean and comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for availability of an ocean view room and the staff will try and get you the best possible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovethebeach100
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Lovethebeach100,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Our staff is very passionate about providing great hospitality and strives to give each guest a memorable experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of them. We hope to serve you again during your next trip to the beach!

There are newer reviews for Oceanaire Resort Hotel

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very pretty. The staff is very helpful and polite. The location is okay. It is, however, very overpriced. The hotel would be worth the price in a different city, but there's really nothing in Virginia Beach worth that much. Even more concerning is the parking. If you choose to park your own vehicle along from the parking garage is several blocks. Also the parking garage is not very nice, nor does it have security. I did not feel safe at all leaving my car there & chose to check out early.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear TravelingRN1980,

I appreciate your kind words about our property and staff. I am saddened to learn that you did not enjoy the Virginia Beach area. I was also a bit surprised by your comments regarding the your experience in the garage. The parking garage you reference is one and a half blocks from the hotel. We also offer valet service for guests who do not wish to make the short walk to the garage. Although we do not own or operate the garage, the garage is contractually obligated to provide 24 hour attendants. Our in-house security team is also based from there and is in place from 7pm-7am daily. I would have enjoyed the ability to discuss your concerns with you personally prior to checking out. Perhaps I could have eased your concerns and in turn given you the opportunity to enjoy the area for the remainder of your stay. Our team would enjoy the opportunitiy to serve you again should you wish to return to the area.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The martini lounge is beautiful and elegant but has no energy. It's just blah, although the drinks are really good
Our oceanfront studio had two full beds in it! I haven't seen full beds in a luxury hotel in a long time.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ItalianYorker
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear ItalianYorker,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the drinks in the lounge. The lounge is a bit slower during this time of the year as we see less guests and owners at the property in the off season. That being said, we are in the process of creating some unique events for that venue that will provide some additional enjoyment throughout the year. We would enjoy the opportunity to serve you again, perhaps in one of our one bedroom suites featuring a queen-sized bed. We hope to see you during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I recently stayed at the Oceanaire for just over 14 days. Traveling as often as I do, I have had the pleasure of staying at some fine properties and, without a doubt, Oceanaire ranks at the top of my list in terms of comfort and luxury. More importantly, the attentiveness and sincerity of the staff at Oceanaire is second-to-none.

If you're considering staying at this property, here's what you really need to know:

The Oceanaire is located right on Virginia Beach and there is nothing better than opening your beddroom balcony door in the morning and having the breeze from the ocean waves gently find their way into your room.

Rooms are brand-new and contemporary!

The pool area at Oceanaire is fabulous! More like a spa, the lighting and music make for a really relaxing atmosphere.

In my experience, rooms in this type of hotel and location generally run $300-800 per night depending on room type and time of year. Booking a room here for anything less is a real bargain.

If you are looking for staff that is friendly and geniunly cares about making your stay exceptional, you'll find it here. There's really nothing more inviting than passing by the front desk in the evening and having the gentleman there say, "hey, Mr. X, how are you this evening?" Or, having any of the other agents or property managers personally call you before arrival to confirm you reservation and ask if you have any questions or special requests. White-glove service!

You'll find the fitness center on the 17th floor of the ocean beach club next door. youll enjoy getting a work out in with sweeping views of the ocean.

Plenty to do in Virginia Beach area. Whale watches, aquarium, dinning, beaches that never end! Get out there and explore!

Great experience! Will return!

Special thanks to front desk agents Khaulil Brown-Bailey, Jacuelynn Maher, and property manager Natasha Ramsundar for making my stay very comfortable and pleasant!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank SkyLineExpress
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear SkyLineExpress,

Thank you for the glowing review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your extended visit with us. I have passed along your kind comments to the Front Desk team. They were elated! Our team strives to provide each guest and owner with a memorable experience. It seems that they left you with a great impression of our property; I am very proud of them. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This should actually be 4.5 stars, but 1/2 stars aren't an option. We recently stayed here on the 7th floor. We had a 2 bedroom suite with an Ocean View. The rooms were amazing. Clean and roomy. Even though we weren't technically Oceanfront, I can't imagine a better view. It was AWESOME. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful. I especially appreciated the valet guys, who were always smiling and ready to give directions. So many places are easy to walk to from the hotel. We stayed in January, so it was quiet. I would love to go back in the summer and enjoy a bustling ocean town, all within walking distance. The pool was great, but not open to kids after 8pm. While this might be wonderful for singles, folks with kids might feel different. There are outdoor pools, which would probably be better in warmer months. There is no gym on premise. You have to go next door for that. However, I enjoyed walking out the door and running down the incredible boardwalk and beach right outside. Other than those minor details, this place is pretty close to perfect. I won't hesitate to book here again the next time I visit. PS One last thing. The fan outside on the other hotel can get a wee bit noisy. So, I think I'll book an Oceanfront suite next time. :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Heather S
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Heather S,

Thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback with us. I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Winter at the beach certainly offers a different feel than the typically hectic Summer months. I iwll be sure to pass along your kind comments to the team. They take great pride in what they do and will be ecstatic when your comments are shared with them. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach. Let's hope for some warmer weather unitl then! :-)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was a late arrival but I was accommodated very well by the front desk clerk. He was a big winner on this visit.The tour company failed to notify him that I was arriving so there was a bit of scrambling to find me a room. I was put in the room they call the pelican and it was on a corner of the Building so very spacious and a lot of glass for the view would its best features. There was not just one shower, there were two. There is a jetted tub and very attractive tile that was several brown tones of glass. The theme in this hotel is earth tones, colors of browns and tans and golds. We had two large TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. My daughter reported that the sleeper sofa was very comfortable. She required another blanket and they were quick to bring it up. The hotel/Timeshare has many amenities, but other reviewers have notified you of the lack of fitness center in this building. They do have a wonderful business center, and they were more than willing to accommodate me there. My daughter was working on a school paper so we used the business center several times. I also printed out a local restaurant coupon there. The staff is helpful and I really liked the valet service option for parking. It was very cold while we were here, and to have our car delivered promptly to us was a big plus. I liked the view from my unit especially. We were right on the Atlantic Ocean and our balcony facing the water was small but delightful. Waking up to the sunrise was exceptional! My one complaint was that the unit was not exceptionally clean as I expected when I walked in. That was remedied very quickly as soon as I notified them of the problem. Though it wasn't perfect initially, I was sad to leave because I enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: If there is any issue with the room you were given and they can change for you, remember to ask them...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank winniezpoo
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear winniezpoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us. I agree with you; the Pelican rooms are very unique! They are my favorite rooms at the property. The expansive view gives a memorable perspective of the city and the ocean. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the front desk team. They consistently strive to give a great first impression of the property and will take great joy in hearing of your experience. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall, accommodations were good, but #1 there is no Fitness Center in the Oceanaire Resort Hotel. You must go next door to the Ocean Beach Club on the 17th Floor. That is not very comfortable in 30 degree weather. When I mentioned it to the Front Desk, they were apolegetic but offered no accommodation, although the owner of the Oceanaire is also the owner of The Hilton and 7 other facilities nearby. They said there was a problem with insurance since I was registered at the Oceanaire. I run on the treadmill 6 miles per day, so it was a huge disappointment that I would need to go to a Fitness Center at another location and pay to use a treatmill. Hotel room and other facilities at the hotel/timeshare were nice. Requested and was willing to pay for a high floor, but could only get the 7th Floor.

Room Tip: There was no Spa or Breakfast available at the Oceanair
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nanci526
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear nanci526,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding the complimentary use of the fitness centers at other properties managed by our company. That being said, we do have plans in 2014 to add a number of treadmills to the fitness center at the resort. We will be replacing some of the elliptical trainers that are currently used in the space to better fit the needs of our timeshare owners and guests. I was pleased to hear that you did have an otherwise enjoyable experience during your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach.