Oceanaire Resort Hotel
Country Inn
$217
$189
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
Hotels.com
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$246
$217
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
ComfortInn
$202
$184
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$96
$92
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
ComfortSuites
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$121
$116
Travelocity
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$123
  • Pool
All reviewsocean beach clubadult poolfire pitsun deckfull kitchenfront deskocean view suitebeautiful resortbuilding next doorsister hotelgold keynorth sidedaily housekeepingself parkingvalet servicefloor to ceiling windowstimeshare exchange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was a late arrival but I was accommodated very well by the front desk clerk. He was a big winner on this visit.The tour company failed to notify him that I was arriving so there was a bit of scrambling to find me a room. I was put in the room they call the pelican and it was on a corner of the Building so very spacious and a lot of glass for the view would its best features. There was not just one shower, there were two. There is a jetted tub and very attractive tile that was several brown tones of glass. The theme in this hotel is earth tones, colors of browns and tans and golds. We had two large TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. My daughter reported that the sleeper sofa was very comfortable. She required another blanket and they were quick to bring it up. The hotel/Timeshare has many amenities, but other reviewers have notified you of the lack of fitness center in this building. They do have a wonderful business center, and they were more than willing to accommodate me there. My daughter was working on a school paper so we used the business center several times. I also printed out a local restaurant coupon there. The staff is helpful and I really liked the valet service option for parking. It was very cold while we were here, and to have our car delivered promptly to us was a big plus. I liked the view from my unit especially. We were right on the Atlantic Ocean and our balcony facing the water was small but delightful. Waking up to the sunrise was exceptional! My one complaint was that the unit was not exceptionally clean as I expected when I walked in. That was remedied very quickly as soon as I notified them of the problem. Though it wasn't perfect initially, I was sad to leave because I enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: If there is any issue with the room you were given and they can change for you, remember to ask them to do so. They are very proud of this resort and want to make the customers happy. The average and the famous have stayed here so you know that it is a great place on the beach. A surprise was that they have fabulous penthouse suites which go for the big bucks but are unbelievable. If you get a chance, and they have one open, asked to see one of the penthouse suites. My daughter, the high maintenance princess, was ready to move right in!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank winniezpoo
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear winniezpoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us. I agree with you; the Pelican rooms are very unique! They are my favorite rooms at the property. The expansive view gives a memorable perspective of the city and the ocean. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the front desk team. They consistently strive to give a great first impression of the property and will take great joy in hearing of your experience. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall, accommodations were good, but #1 there is no Fitness Center in the Oceanaire Resort Hotel. You must go next door to the Ocean Beach Club on the 17th Floor. That is not very comfortable in 30 degree weather. When I mentioned it to the Front Desk, they were apolegetic but offered no accommodation, although the owner of the Oceanaire is also the owner of The Hilton and 7 other facilities nearby. They said there was a problem with insurance since I was registered at the Oceanaire. I run on the treadmill 6 miles per day, so it was a huge disappointment that I would need to go to a Fitness Center at another location and pay to use a treatmill. Hotel room and other facilities at the hotel/timeshare were nice. Requested and was willing to pay for a high floor, but could only get the 7th Floor.

Room Tip: There was no Spa or Breakfast available at the Oceanair
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nanci526
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear nanci526,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding the complimentary use of the fitness centers at other properties managed by our company. That being said, we do have plans in 2014 to add a number of treadmills to the fitness center at the resort. We will be replacing some of the elliptical trainers that are currently used in the space to better fit the needs of our timeshare owners and guests. I was pleased to hear that you did have an otherwise enjoyable experience during your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

From pulling up to the entrance to getting settled in, easy and non-stressful. Our Thanksgiving stay with family was wonderful. The staff were professional and friendly. The condos were ready, clean and a perfect balance of elegance and practical comfort. Our condo faced the ocean/ boardwalk; the Christmas lights on the board walk delighted kids and adults alike. The pools were great and nice to enjoy when the weather turned cold outside. Nice memories made in a very nice environment. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Worth reserving a Oceanside room facing south
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gallivantoo
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear gallivantoo,

I am pleased to hear that you all had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us! Thank you for choosing our property for your Thanksgiving celebration. It was a very busy weekend for the property (100% occupancy!) and I am ecstatic that you had a such a great experience. I will be sure to pass along your kudos to the entire team. The staff takes great pride in their work and I am certain that they will enjoy reading your comments as much as I did. We too become very excited for this time of the year as the oceanfront takes on a new face to celebrate the holidays. We love the lights as much as the kids do! :-) On behalf of our team, we look forward to serving you during your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have is the water did not get hot. Luke warm showers and the pools were way too crowded. But we had a great time and the rooms and facilities were clean.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda P
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Amanda P.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Many of our guests are unaware of just how busy Thanksgiving weekend is for our property as we are also a timeshare resort. Many families join us for the week and it is great to see so many people celebrating the holiday together. We have quite a few rental guests during this time as well! It is very convenient to celebrate and not have to worry about cleaning up at home! :-) I do apologize for the luke warm water you experienced in the shower. That is not typical of our water temperatures at the property. I will certainly have our engineering team take a look at the readings from the weekend and determine if this was isolated. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed in the oceanfront one room suite this past weekend and we were impressed with the size of the room! Not only was it beautiful but we had a gorgeous view! We can't wait to come back.. Only thing we didn't care for is there was no room service..
Overall a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Brysonsmommy1,

I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding room service. For ease of future stays, we do offer an in-room delivery service from Big Italy, located across from the Ocean Beach Club towers. As a timeshare property, most of our owners and guests stay with us for a week or more at time. We have given a lot of thought to doing in-house room service but there has not been enough demand based on the notion that most eat a meal or two in their rooms based on the full kitchen within the unit. That being said, I will certainly pass along your feedback to our Food & Beverage team for future consideration. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to the beach!