Oceanaire Resort Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Belvedere Beach Resort(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Four Sails Resort(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
Neptune Park Inn(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean beach clubadult poolfire pitsun deckfull kitchenfront deskocean view suitebeautiful resortbuilding next doorsister hotelgold keynorth sidedaily housekeepingself parkingvalet servicefloor to ceiling windowstimeshare exchange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The decore in the rooms was very nice. Beware of the "ocean view" versus "ocean front". Ocean view means you might get a glimps of the ocean if you turn your head at the perfect angle. Bar and pool area was small and not designed for mingling. It is dark and cozy which is great for that one on one romantic experience. The beds are small and extremely cozy for two adults. Rooms were very sound proof... you cold not hear the planes flying over unless you open the patio door.

Room Tip: Demand a ocean front room... beware that an ocean view room will not guarantee a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonzey J
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed there the week of March 10th 2013 and it was like staying on a California earthquake. Apparently another resort is going up two buildings over and all we heard all day was the noise from construction in addition to the entire room shaking with each pounding of the construction equipment. It was horrible. Then we were surprised that we had to pay a daily parking fee upon checkout. Parking should be included with the stay. The hotel's decor was nice, but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if construction is going on near the resort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank srenay
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Checked into OceanAire saturday night, April 6. Checkin took a while as there were two groups ahead of us, each asking a lot of questions. The staff member apologizied for the wait, she was very friendly. Actual checking in was quick and simple.

Stayed in the one-bedroom oceanfront suite. The room was amazing from the stainless steel appliances, to the granite countertops, the amazing huge windows, the whole left wall was windows! with great views. The room was very clean and everything worked properly.

The only downside is paying for parking $7 a day and we called to ask for coffee as there was only decaf provided and the staff that answered the phone was quite rude.

Other than those two things amazing hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h3rbie
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ok this place is brand new! You can still smell the new scent! Lets start with the room. My view was ocean view and I fought for my north side view. This meant I did not have to look at the resort across the street. Yess The full kitchen has everything you need to make a meal or have a drink! We cooked breakfast some mornings and it saved us money ...and we didn't have to get dressed! The restroom was great! We had two sinks and a jacuzzi tub! The restroom was not small and you didn't feel claustrophobic. The living room and dining room were a little busy. However, it served its purpose. I would sit on the couch and watch the ocean during the day and the night. The problem I had with this resort was the BEDs!!! It's no way those beds were a queen size..it felt like a full! The room is HUGE so I really wonder why the beds were so small! This really might make me think twice about staying here. The purpose of having a vacation is the chance to enjoy your rest :)

*** I did have one incident while in my room. I was getting dressed when I noticed someone was trying to come in my room and opened the door and then shut it right away. I was a little thrown off and felt very violated. I was also a bit ticked that I had to contact management about the situation. However, it seems they knew about it upon calling me back. They said sorry on the behalf of the man that barged in. If something like this happens to a guest I would expect management to contact me ahead of time!!!!!! ****

Ok now the amenities! In this building they have a indoor pool( adult only). The pool and giant jacuzzi were nice and hot! The chorine was a little strong for my skin. I could only use it once. They also have these fire pits right outside the pool. It's so beautiful sitting outside and watching the ocean while sitting in a rocking chair. The other thing they have is a sun deck on the 10th floor. It's full of chairs and another fire pit. It's also a huge lounge room before you get on the sun deck. This room had TVs and a bar area:)

If you want to use the gym you have to go next door. It was very nice and clean. The best part was the beautiful view you took in while working out. You have a full view of the ocean!

This is not a resort for kids!!!! I would suggest you stay next door. I saw and talked to people with kids and they were not very happy:( Its nothing for them to do sadly.

Oh and they have a Martini Bar on the first floor as well. It looked beautiful and the drinks looked great. They have a happy hour as well. I didn't have a chance to try because I made my drink upstairs;)

The location was great as far as walking and sightseeing.

Would I return.....maybe in the off season! I had a awesome deal through their website ( Buy 3 nights get one free) I ended up with two nights free because of the length of my stay! I went online and I saw this place is like 800 a night in July.....NOT worth it to me!

Enjoy the review folks!!!!

Room Tip: If you have to get a room that is Ocean View and not Ocean Front ...DO NOT get one on the south side...ask for the north side!!! If they say they don't have any talk to a manager and fight for your view!:)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asha T
Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you are booking your gold key promotional package, and are travelling with anyone under 21, avoid this apartment building. This is not a resort hotel as it is listed. It is not family friendly.

Here is a partial list of complaints: We never slept comfortably. The beds are not queen sized, they are full size mattresses, and they are hard as a rock. The Air conditioning and heating unit is located directly next to the bed and was very loud and caused us additional sleep loss. Checking out at 10AM on Sunday was impossible. 10AM is too early. Carts are unavailable without a staff member which results in extended delays at checkout time. The 18 stories are served by only two elevators, and gold key tours result in multiple stops and delayed elevators. The building next door is so close that we needed to keep the curtains closed at all times. The charge for a local phone call was $0.50.

Our stay at Oceanaire was planned based upon the pledge that the Aqua indoor pool would be available for our child to use. Ten days prior to our stay this policy was changed, and since 3/18 only those 21+ are allowed to use the indoor pool. We did not learn of this until we had already checked in an unpacked. The staff was unwilling and unable to accommodate us with their pledge and although I was told management would contact me about this dilemma, no one ever did. Nearly everyone in the apartment building had kids, so the pool was essentially empty every day. Shame on management for not extending the all age pool policy.

The indoor pool that was available for us to use was only accessible via outside walk, and it was colder, cloudier, and smelly compared to the new Aqua pool. Not to mention that there was ONLY ONE BATHROOM AT THE INDOOR POOL and there was NO CHANGING TABLE, and also the walkway around said pool was barely 40" wide and had a slippery tile surface. SHAME! It’s a wonder why this place hasn’t responded to any complaints, they are too busy conning the promotional visitors into buying.

Don’t stay here, don’t buy anything from Gold Key.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family