“Don't Miss Blue Pete's if You're at Sandbridge”

Blue Pete's Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: BLUE PETE'S Restaurant is a local's landmark for casual dining on the edge of beautiful Back Bay in Virginia Beach. Visit once, and you're a friend. Visit twice, and you're family... And believe me, you'll be back once you taste the Sweet Potato Biscuits! BLUE PETE'S is locally owned and operated by twin brothers Nick and Aristotle, and is an ideal site for business meetings by day, family dinner by night, and kicking back to live music once the sun goes down. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Best fried oysters I've had in ages. Our party of four had a mix of fried seafood, tuna, steak and brisket. While there were a couple items that were not exceptional, the bulk of what we had was really good. Quantities were actually too much. Wine list, while Spartan, was inexpensive. For an off-the-beaten path, family restaurant, choices were great. Better food than we had at a pricier location off the boardwalk in VA beach the night before. Very attentive service. Indoor-outdoor style carpet and cafeteria style chairs, so nothing fancy, but food quality and service make it well worth the trip. Especially if you're at Sandbridge, it's only ten minutes away. Would have given it a mix of 4's/5's (4's décor-location, 5's food quality-service).

There are newer reviews for Blue Pete's Restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

A bit of a drive down into Pungo, but worth it. The food was great! Crab cakes were delicious. Atmosphere was a real laid back vibe. The owner came over a few times to check on us.
They have a nice patio out back with some cute lights. Definately a great place to go for seafood and a local beer. I would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was near by and drove over to have a look see. To my surprise they were open. Seems they open at 12:30 on weekends not 5:30 like I saw on their web page. Lunch of Broiled Crab Cakes and a local Dark Ale was excellent. The staff was friendly and attentive. There are several areas to dine inside including a full service bar with pool table. There is also a small stage for live bands at night. I was seated so I could look out on a small creek. At one end of the building there was an outside dinning area. Along the creek outside there were chairs and small tables leading to a Foot Bridge to a dune area. This is a casual out of the way place, well worth the drive. Beware; during and after hard rains portions the roads are prone to high water. Don’t let this deter you. I’m sure you will enjoy yourself.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I wanted a special place for our 41st wedding anniversary. We initially were going to go back to a restaurant we had not been to in quite a while but we checked the reviews on trip advisor. Thank God we did. We read at least half a dozen negative reviews. Decided to make the drive down to Pungo and Blue Pete's instead and we were so gald we did. Excellent atmosphere and the food was exceptional. We had not been back in 20 years or so but it is STILL one of the best places to go in VB. Seafood was frsh and prepared perfectly. When those other patrons heard that we were celebrating our anniversary, several couples came over to congratulate us. And our waitress brought us a special dessert on the house. We will go back and continue to promote this great establisment. Worth the drive, believe me.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Definitely worth the drive to find this gem of a restaurant!! Family Owned, quaint, and not that expensive. Delicious Seafood restaurant, but stay for the dessert, especially the brownie sundae!!!