Review of Coastal View V

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

2.5 of 5 bubbles Poor - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Suey47
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
“False Advertising and Sandbridge Realty Ruined My Vacation!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

I schedule a vacation well over 6 months in advance for 18 adult family members only to arrive disappointed and deceived by the pictures and description provided by Sandbridge Realty. Upon arrival, the exterior of the home has deteriorated and there is a huge sand dune blocking the view of the "oceanfront" property. I could have saved a few thousand dollars across the street if I knew I would have to go to the second floor to see the ocean. The picture does show a small due but clearly not the size of what is there now. Call it an act of God...yes but neglecting to inform prospective tenants is deceitful. Upon entering the house, there was an obvious odor of mold and mildew. I was not until the maintenance people open the garage door that the odor became overwhelming. As I began to clean the place. I found mold in the downstairs bathroom and around the air ducts. Mold was also all over the outside decks and heavy on the concrete coming in the first floor doors. Here is a list of the other problems found upon our arrival.
- carpets were filthy, worn and stained. I insisted they be cleaned before we walked on them in bare feet. They were that bad.
- we bought $600 worth of groeries to find out the refrigerator did not work...
- ice maker didn't work
- pool liner old, dirty pulling away from the wall. No hand railing
- electric outlets in all of the bathrooms did not work
- we paid for sheets and towels and there were not enough towels for 18 people in a "22" person home
- "22" adult people would not fit in that home. They expected 2 adults to sleep in full size bed and 2 people on a full size futon. We had to buy air mattresses.
-garbage disposal did not work
- food left on screen in porch floor where we went in a rain storm and water poured in on us from one corner.
- Pots and pans were old and teflon scratched off, handles broken, tough to make breakfast for 18 people.
- Cabinets and kitchen tables old and sticky. Newspapers stuck to them.
- Place had dirty walls with cobwebs and bugs on window sills
- i spent the first 4 days cleaning and sanitizing. Funny that the cleaning service spent extra time because they thought there was a wedding.
If I had paid $4 or $5,000, I would say " you get what you pay for" but $12,500 is a lot of money and I did not get what I thought I paid for. I was told the picture had not been updated in 14 years. The same furniture is in those pictures. I believe Sandbridge represents the owners and more often than not the owners are absent. Therefore, Sandbridge needs to inspect the properties, update pictures on a regular basis and notify the owners of needed improvements. Everyone passes the buck because once they have your prepaid money…they could care less. This is evidently a common practice because there contract covers every aspect of neglect so that there is no recourse for tenants who are deceived by their inaccurate descriptions and pictures. I have attached a copy for your review. There are people who have experienced the same situations on the internet if you google reviews of Sandbridge. I spent the first 4 days of my vacation escorting 16 different strangers through the house to at least make it tolerable for my family.
Plumber, electricians, carpet cleaners, exterminators, housekeeping etc. were in and out therefore I was stuck in the house to watch our belongings. Granted, Sandbridge was attentive to the complaints but why should I have to take care of obvious, disgusting dirt and filth. I was told ,"the mold wasn't the black mold that kills you." Last time I checked, breathing in any mold is unhealty and detrimental to your health, period. The gentleman t who told me that was a “repair man”. This situation was over and above what anyone should have to put up with on their vacation. The realtors and the owners need to be held accountable for false advertising.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 1 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
2 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 1 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
2 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: The Mold
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$480
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing