“Romantic, relaxing and quiet.”
Review of Atrium Resort

Atrium Resort
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Bronx, NY
“Romantic, relaxing and quiet.”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husband and I washed our clothing on the 5th floor. We were very unhappy with the service. All our white under shirts and under pants came out dark. I went in the washer very white already. We had to throw all our under clothing away. We were very unhappy with the problem with the washer and drier.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
I apologize for your experience with the resort laundry machines and appreciate your notifying us. Please let us know prior to your departure in the future so that we can address your concerns while you are still vacationing with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The hotel is a very short walk to the beach. Although my daughter and I had stayed there several years prior, we were overwhelmed when we entered the room. We both appreciate the beauty and the quality of the upgrades.

There was an unfortunate incident where one of the people in our party experienced a medical emergency and later that morning, I cut my finger while preparing a meal. I was very impressed with Mr. Washington’s (the resort manager) professionalism, care and concern for all of us. To know that someone in his position takes such time to express care and concern says a lot about him, but it also says a lot about the property . . . the company. Having worked at Marriott Headquarters for several years, and having stayed at many properties other than Marriott, I know that all managers do not show such care and concern for their guests.

We will definitely be staying at the Atrium Resort on future trips to Virginia Beach!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ChiChi3300
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience at the Atrium Resort and I trust your family member has made a quick recovery. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the Resort Manager, Terence Washington - we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The Atrium has a wonderful staff.
I visit at least 2 times a yr. for the last 14 yrs. My family loves it will not trade our weeks in for nothing.. My daughter 14 loves the POOL
The rooms are great the bed is way to high for me, only because im short.
The new remodeling has enhance the place more, it was always nice but know even better since the remodel.
the location is perfect because my teenage daughters can walk to the beach.
You should visit the Atrium soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
We appreciate your taking the time to share your vacation ownership experiences with the Atrium Resort. Thank you for your continued business - we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We have stayed at this resort for 2 years now. It sits a block back from the beach. You couldn't ask for a nicer staff. Anything you ask for they get it for you. Someone is always there cleaning. Morning, noon, or night. They have been remodeling it from the top down. This past year we stayed on the third floor and loved it. The rooms had everything we needed. The queen size beds were so soft and very comfortable. You have a Wendys restaraunt on 1 side and a McDonalds on the other side of the resort, along with Pizza hut straight down the street.
The only negative thing I can say about the Atrium was the last night that we was there the hot tub broke. ( no big deal)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Atrium Resort. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Creswell, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The staff is simply put UNPROFESSIONAL i.e talking on personal cellphones at the front desk, one was on her laptop on Facebook. The room was dirty, no housekeeping service, I finally got so fed up I asked to speak to the person in charge. I got a woman named Eva who was clueless and unhelpful. I asked to speak to her boss, I got a African American gentleman who was very rude and seemed as if I was wasting his time by asking for what I paid for. Then they have the nerve to try and get me to buy a week vacation with them NEVER. Please just avoid this awful place and the rude staff and management.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lovetotravel49064
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with the Atrium Resort, as it does not reflect our promise to provide all of our guests with Value, Service and a relaxing Atmosphere. I hope that you give the Atrium Resort another opportunity in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel has had a recent renovation where all its rooms have been spruced up. They will begin the renovation for the lobby and other areas soon. This is not a full service hotel, as linen and towel changes are to be undertaken by the guest. It is located just just a ten min. walk from the beach and with lots of nearby restaurants and other retail facilities. It is also just an hour away from the historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown triangle. They also organize area tours to the local aquarium/zoo in conjunction with their sister properties for their guests. Overall this place is nice and clean with a very friendly staff. For the budget conscious traveller this place cannot be beat for what it offers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with the Atrium Resort, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I am appalled that this is part of a time share building. It is VERY unclean with the blood sucking bed bugs. I now have a $1400 exterminating fee for my home!

Very unprofessional staff. We arrived and the first thing we encounter is management working with two staff ladies. They were in a screaming match in the parking area.

I really don't like the idea of a pool right at the front desk.

AVOID!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank truthfully21054
Thank you for your notification via tripadvisor as well contacting us by mail. Upon receiving your review, we immediately had your suite as well as the surrounding suites professionally inspected. A copy of the satisfactory inspection reflecting zero evidence in all of the suites, including yours, has been mailed to you. We apologize that you and your family were inconvenienced and suggest that you share the inspection records with the company you employed.