“Love V B”

Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
“Love V B”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We have stayed at this resort for 2 years now. It sits a block back from the beach. You couldn't ask for a nicer staff. Anything you ask for they get it for you. Someone is always there cleaning. Morning, noon, or night. They have been remodeling it from the top down. This past year we stayed on the third floor and loved it. The rooms had everything we needed. The queen size beds were so soft and very comfortable. You have a Wendys restaraunt on 1 side and a McDonalds on the other side of the resort, along with Pizza hut straight down the street.
The only negative thing I can say about the Atrium was the last night that we was there the hot tub broke. ( no big deal)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Atrium Resort. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Creswell, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The staff is simply put UNPROFESSIONAL i.e talking on personal cellphones at the front desk, one was on her laptop on Facebook. The room was dirty, no housekeeping service, I finally got so fed up I asked to speak to the person in charge. I got a woman named Eva who was clueless and unhelpful. I asked to speak to her boss, I got a African American gentleman who was very rude and seemed as if I was wasting his time by asking for what I paid for. Then they have the nerve to try and get me to buy a week vacation with them NEVER. Please just avoid this awful place and the rude staff and management.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lovetotravel49064
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with the Atrium Resort, as it does not reflect our promise to provide all of our guests with Value, Service and a relaxing Atmosphere. I hope that you give the Atrium Resort another opportunity in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel has had a recent renovation where all its rooms have been spruced up. They will begin the renovation for the lobby and other areas soon. This is not a full service hotel, as linen and towel changes are to be undertaken by the guest. It is located just just a ten min. walk from the beach and with lots of nearby restaurants and other retail facilities. It is also just an hour away from the historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown triangle. They also organize area tours to the local aquarium/zoo in conjunction with their sister properties for their guests. Overall this place is nice and clean with a very friendly staff. For the budget conscious traveller this place cannot be beat for what it offers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with the Atrium Resort, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I am appalled that this is part of a time share building. It is VERY unclean with the blood sucking bed bugs. I now have a $1400 exterminating fee for my home!

Very unprofessional staff. We arrived and the first thing we encounter is management working with two staff ladies. They were in a screaming match in the parking area.

I really don't like the idea of a pool right at the front desk.

AVOID!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank truthfully21054
Thank you for your notification via tripadvisor as well contacting us by mail. Upon receiving your review, we immediately had your suite as well as the surrounding suites professionally inspected. A copy of the satisfactory inspection reflecting zero evidence in all of the suites, including yours, has been mailed to you. We apologize that you and your family were inconvenienced and suggest that you share the inspection records with the company you employed.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The Atrium Resort is located 2 short blocks from the oceanfront in Virginia Beach, and while I am used to staying on the ocean, I found this experience to expand my feelings of being connected with the Resort City. Several sidewalk cafes are just around the corner, and staying near 21st-22nd Streets placed us in the heart of the shopping, free concerts and friendly people.

The accommodations are more than adequate - with a fully equipped kitchen (incl. dishwasher!), a king size bed that was one of the most comfortable I have slept in, flat screen TVs and a quiet bedroom. Daily linen exchange, washers, dryers and internet access are all free - not typical.

But the best - truly the best part of my stay was thanks to the friendliest staff ever. Each and every one went out of their way to offer personal and efficient service. After my two week stay, I felt like I was leaving friends.

What more can I say? It is not plush, but I don't go to the beach for plush. I am a proud owner of an Atrium timeshare.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation and timeshare ownership experience with the Atrium Resort. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
va beach, va
Reviewed August 25, 2010

First off, the service was not the greatest as some people have stated. Secondly, for a "resort" they offer no special amenities that a normal hotel wouldn't. I paid 24,000 points plus 3 extra fees thru RCI and this place was a dump and I was very disappointed. When I left no one greeted me or my family and the elevator was broken, my children had to make several trips carrying heavy bags up to the 5th floor with a pregnant woman and even when we left, no one offered any help at all. My remote was broken and technician said "let me find some tape" and never came back. The room had no soap or anything and when I asked for some they made it seem like I was being a nuisance. I usually never complain and am very grateful but this "resort" was disgusting. DO NOT COME HERE. My friends came to visit me and also stated it was not very welcoming or nice to look at. We only stayed here because that is what was available. Oh, more importantly, The sofa bed was hard as a rock. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE The internet is SLOW and the pool is DIRTY...it says high speed internet but its super super slow

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bellasphinx
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
I apologize that you did not experience the service and family atmosphere that the Atrium Resort delivers. Unfortunately, our elevator required servicing during your stay with us (Tuesday from 8:15am-9:00am). Although it was reported that all of our guests were given assistance, it seems that we somehow missed our opportunity to help you and your family. I appreciate your feedback regarding the lack of soap or shampoo in the suite - we recently installed body wash and shampoo dispensers in each shower in our continuing efforts to “go green”. We will increase our communication to our guests that we provide the dispensers in lieu of mini-soap bars and mini-shampoo bottles. To better serve all of our guest’s internet access, our band-width is slightly reduced for each individual user. This allows multiple users to access the internet at any given time. We will search for another avenue to increase our network speed while still giving all of our guests the ability to access the internet during their vacation. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My 4day/3 night stay at the Atrium was fairly enjoyable. I had a few problems with my reservation and was told by a representative that there was no more availability when there actually was but the manager of VSA resorts resolved it all before the check-in time of 4pm.

When my bf and I arrived at the Atrium we saw this sign about a $100 deposit. I was never notified of this before checking in. This fee was waived because they screwed up my reservation plus my bank has a security feature that won't allow my card to be swiped by the same business more than once in a 12 hour period. So this is something that they should tell all guests about.

This hotel was a lot quieter than the Ocean Key resort and I like that. The location is great also. Within walking distance to a lot of food and entertainment. We stayed on the 2nd floor which was not renovated but it was clean and spacious.

My only complaint is the lady at the front desk. Shameka. Wow. She was so unprofessional and rude on many occasions. The hotel has rules about what time children under 16 are allowed to get in the pool. Also children under 16 aren't allowed in the hot tub. The rules were blocked by lounge chairs. Shameka stormed to the pool/hot tub and rudely asked two children to get out of the pool. It's a nice way to say everything but she acted as if she was talking to her own children. I'm sure she has no idea what professionalism is.

My stay was a referral stay to do a timeshare tour (So our stay was only $50). Before going to the meeting/tour, my bf and I decided that we weren't going to buy. We've heard our share of horror stories. The presentation was awesome and we definitely wanted to purchase a timeshare through VSA resorts. We asked if we could purchase at a later time because it's a big decision to make in 90 minutes. We were told that this was our only chance to purchase and we'd have to wait 18 months to be able to attend another presentation. That sounds crazy to me! Why would they refuse money if I want to buy a few weeks or months later? I don't know but I was really interested and it sucks that I wasn't able to purchase.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tataylo2
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for sharing your mini-vacation experience at the Atrium Resort. I especially appreciate your candid review regarding our Front Desk Agent whose customer service delivery to you and your family did not meet our expectations in any way and I apologize for the manner in which she chose to enforce our adult swim hours in the resort pool. My apologies also in regards to your timeshare presentation with VSA Resorts. We certainly have packages that are available for purchase at any time. When our customers enjoy of one of our vacation packages through a special referral mini-vacation program, we offer a special incentive to join the VSA family while on the mini-vacation. But, again, we certainly have vacation packages available for your purchase at any time and we would love for you to join the VSA family when the time is right for you!