“Staff went above and beyond.”
Review of Atrium Resort

Atrium Resort
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This resort is nice but not the Ritz. The rooms have been renovated since the time I stayed a few years ago. New appliances, flat screen tv in the bedroom and living room are real pluses. The room comes with parking and I was happy that I could park my motorcycle right next to the glass entry door so if someone were messing with it a staff member might notice. Stayed a week with no problems, plus had a quiet room and comfortable bed in a clean environment.

The 2.5 block walk to the beach was ok as it gave us a less crowed and noisy room and we are in good shape and thought the beach was easy to walk to.

Friends stayed at a nearby resort and we wanted to watch the football game on the NFL station.....well there was no NFL station on either resort's cable so we asked the staff where we could go to eat, drink and watch the game. They women did not know so they called a male staff member who was off duty and were able to give us some recommendations. I call that desire to problem solve a great benefit and give notice that the staff were always very friendly and accommodating when they could have just said we do not know.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank spill_beans
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our amenities as well as ackonwledgeing our staff’s efforts to enhance your vacation getaway.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the week of Thanksgiving. We are RCI platinum member and exchanged our week for this one. The hotel is pretty nice and everything is located in the interior of the hotel. No balconies or other exterior exits from room. The pool is located in the center of the lobby floor and if you get a bunch of loud people or kids it will echo up throughout the hotel. The rooms were nice and clean and flat screen TV's in both the main room and bedroom. The kitchen is galley style between the two which makes it a bit tight. The kitchen is provided with all the necessaries for cooking and cleaning.
Few thing to know if you plan to stay though. First and foremost; no room service. There is no daily room service at all. You must take your towels and sheets to the laundry and exchange them and this can only be done between the hours of 9am through 4pm. Another is there is only one elevator and it is small. It will hold about 6 people at most and if you have any luggage or housekeeping is using it (that is only when someone checks out) then you will have to wait for it too be freed up.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating when possible. Parking is close to the hotel and they do have some that is undercover as well. If you plan on going to the beach it is a good 3 block hike to get there. There is no restaurant within the hotel but a couple right next door.
This facility is actually operated under VSA Resorts and not RCI. Did not know that when I made the exchange and would do for RCI to share that information on their web site.
Overall its not a bad place especially if you are only staying a night or two. But for what I pay in RCI Platinum membership along with my maintenance fees and exchange fees it falls short of what I would expect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerry M

I would like to thank you for your comments and expressing your thoughts. I am delighted that the staff was courteous and accommodating to your family’s needs during your vacation.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dear Sirs or Madam:

My friend and I stayed at the Atrium for a week in Virginia Beach, Va. What an experience. We got excellent customer and great hospitality and service with a smile too. We really felt welcome with nice rooms and a nice pool and hot tub. I enjoyed the lobby a lot and the internet service was helpful too. The property and building are in a great location close to the beach and attractions on the boardwalk. We didn't want to leave. I liked the openness surrounding the pool area and how you could look up and see the different floor levels. If affordable, I would like to bring my son back next year for a vacation at Virginia Beach as he has never been there before. There is so much to do! We will check the rates soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay and bringing joy back in our lives.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dbbmyrs
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

On behalf of VSA Resorts and the Atrium, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful and kind review. I am pleased that you had an excellent vacation experience and that you look forward to returning in the fall. We look forward to continuing to meet all of your vacationing needs. Thank you for staying at the Atrium Resort. See you soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Atrium Resort on a time share exchange. This hotel is pretty centrally located so we thought we'd give it a try. The units were clean and adequate, the staff was competent. But it was too far from the beach. Two and a half blocks is too far to walk with chairs and coolers and children, etc. We were never offered the opportunity to park at their sister hotel located on the beach. We will probably not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 4TravelersVa
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing the Atrium Resort. We take great pride in the up keep of our suites and I appreciate your feedback about your visit with us. I am regretful that you did not have an opportunity to take advantage of our parking amenities as they are there for you to take full advantage of. Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us and would like to encourage you to come back for another stay.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Unfortunately I read the reviews and believed and chose this hotel over others on the beach because it was closer to the convention center. The room smells of mold or something worse. The tile is pealing away from the wall in the bathroom. There is no daily cleaning or making the bed, which on its own would prevent this from being ranked higher than a two.
The carpet in the room appears clean, but with the smell who knows what is in it. Don't look at the carpet in the only elevator or you might not make it to your room.
No free onsite breakfast, which may be a good thing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations as it did not meets ours either. Resort and unit maintenance are of high importance and we resolve any reports in a timely manner. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and I would like to reassure you that we have resolved your concerns. Thank you for leaving your comments as we are always working to improve.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've stayed at the Atrium Resort twice, and LOVED it both times. The room was cozy, clean and welcoming, and the staff helpful and friendly. The last time, the weather was uncooperative for hitting the beach, so we did several of the activities offered by VSA resorts, and had a great time. The Thrift shopping tour was a lot of fun. We especially enjoyed our van driver Bob Richardson's kind, ultra attentive and courteous manner. My mother and I were the only two who had signed up for the trip, and Bob tailored the trip to our desires. He really made us feel special--holding our hand as we embarked and disembarked the van. Kudos to you, Bob, and kudos to VSA resorts for a great trip!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim H
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

On behalf of the Atrium, Thank you for allowing VSA Resorts to accommodate you once again for your vacation needs. I am excited to hear that you took advantage of our activities and excursion van trip. VSA Resorts van driver Mr. Bob Richardson is an asset to our team and I would like to thank you for giving him a personal mention. I am very happy that we enhanced your vacation experience. Thank you for staying at The Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place love the pool very comfy the staff super nice great value great location in regards to what I was going for. The room need a little improvement fix cracks. Rooms were ready early it was nice to be able to go the other hotels to go swimming or eat

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Janallen00
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We appreciate your kind words and on behalf of VSA Resorts, thank you for your business.