“AWSOME”

Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
New Kent, Virginia
“AWSOME”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms are very clean, great location staff was excellent super friendly loved this place it was our 15 year anniversary they did a special upgrade and were so pleased! we had a great time and would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for somewhere nice in the Virginia Beach Oceanfront area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joshua m
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to all our Virginia Beach travelers.
I would like to thank you for allowing the Atrium and VSA Resorts to help you celebrate your 15 year anniversary vacation get-away. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the resort which really seemed to be an oversized hotel. The staff was friendly and they were helpful if a question came up. My complaint is that on day of check out my party and I stripped the room or all bedding and bath towels. We did a double check to make sure all was in order. However on our trip back home a call was received saying that there was damage done to the mattress in the bedroom. There was no was possible this could have been true!! There were 3 adults and 1 teen in the suite. So pictures of the damages were requested and we have never received. Even to this day they have not even been received. An email address was provided and our physical mailing address was in all paperwork. So needless to say the so called $100.00 deposit was kept and an additional $400.00 was charged to the credit card that was used. I feel like if you are claiming damage you should be able to show me what was done with the pictures I ask for!! My family and I will never stay here again and would suggest to anyone else staying to take pictures of your room and everything in it before leaving for your own proof!!! Something I should have done myself.

• Stayed May 2013
13 Thank Twalker97
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
“I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Although we do have specific protocol for unit damages, the way in which you describe them do not meet my expectations either. It is a rare occurrence that these protocols are enforced and I appreciate your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and communication in unfortunate circumstances.”
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We used the Atrium Resort on 21st St, Virginia Beach as our primary accommodations for a family wedding last weekend. Very easy access immediately off/on the highway. Rooms are spacious and include all the amenities you could ever want - huge refrigerator, kitchenette, even cutlery! Easy walk to the ocean and lots of food options very close. Danielle, the front office manager, was extremely helpful with our group's block and coordinating our rooms. Highly recommend!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Brian C
Danielle V, General Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I appreciate you sharing your positive vacation experience at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We are thrilled to hear that our modern amenities enhanced your family’s vacation creating memories that last a lifetime. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit with VSA Resorts. It was my pleasure to coordinate and assist your family, again thank you for choosing The Atrium Resort.
Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed May 6, 2013

While attending the NHSCA Wrestling tournament in Virginia Beach our group had two adjoining rooms at the Atrium. Upon check in we were greeted with a warm smile and were treat very well our whole stay. Every member of the staff was extremely happy and helpful. Our rooms were great very clean and charming. The distance to the beach is two blocks and there are many attractions and restraunts within walking distance. The kitchen area is galley style and between the living space and bedroom. We made great use of the on site tanning bed.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alison L
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
On the behalf of The Atrium Resort, Thank you for taking the time to write this great review about your visit to Virginia Beach, during the NHSCA Wrestling Tournament. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our onsite amenities. Our staff takes great pride enhancing every experience by creating a happy and inviting atmosphere, delivering excellent customer service to all our guests. Thank you once again, and we look forward to your next visit with VSA Resorts.
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We are Interval International owners and had reserved our week at The Atrium Resort. Unfortunately, my family was unable to join me due to various obligations, so I invited 3 friends from church to join me on vacation. We had an absolutely marvelous time! THANK YOU!!! The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The unit provided everything we needed (including a blender for smoothies). We walked to the beach at least once every day (usually more than once). We figured out that we could also park at the sister resort Ocean Sands. We sat on the beach in front of that resort and used the bathrooms in Ocean Sands (which were so much nicer than the portapotties on the beach). We also enjoyed the pool at Ocean Sands (and Ocean Key, the other sister resort, but it wasn't quite as convenient - not right around the corner). We would sit on the beach and cool off in the Ocean Sands pool. The area offered as much or as little as you wanted to do. Everyone was helpful. Make sure you get up to see the sunrise at least once while there! We did twice and were delighted with the views! THANK YOU for an amazing vacation!!!!!!! :)

Room Tip: Choose one farther away from the pool if possible. Saturday morning was a little noisy, but other th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank VABeachBabe
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that our excellent service and wonderful amenities suited your vacation needs. I would like to thank you for mentioning the Atrium Resort Staff, as we take great pride in providing top notch customer service. Thank you for taking the time to give us your terrific feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit with VSA Resorts.
Ashton, Maryland
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very nice accommodations. within walking distance to beach and restaurants. Full galley kitchen. Separate living room with pull-out sleep sofa. King bed in bedroom. Can sleep 4. or you could add cot for more room. 1 bathroom. No restaurant on site. this is condo style. indoor pool and exercise facility.

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st floor towards back which is not on lobby level away from pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hcaplan13
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I appreciate you sharing your positive vacation experience at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We are delighted to hear that our great location and updated amenities suited your vacation needs. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are already looking forward to your next visit to Virginia Beach and VSA Resorts.
Augusta, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here during the Shamrock Marathon weekend and was very impressed. I wasn't sure what to expect after looking at the photos and reviews online, but I was more than pleased with what I found when I got there. There are minimal views from the rooms, but that was not something important to me. I was on the top floor and could see to the ocean from my room and also had a good view over the city. The room was very clean. I liked that the living room was separate from the bedroom - it would have been perfect if we were traveling with kids or others as there is a pull out sofa in the living room. The galley kitchen was small, but perfectly functional for a vacation getaway. The room was very clean and well supplied with towels/blankets/toiletries/ etc. You can tell that they have recently been updated. The staff were all very friendly - no pushiness at all during our visit. The only thing I did not like was that you could hear everything from the next room through the connecting door - not bothersome enough to deter me from staying here again! I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in VA Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sabrina D
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience at the Atrium Resort. I appreciate your feedback regarding our connecting suites as we are constantly improving our guest’s experiences. We look forward to your next visit to Virginia Beach with VSA Resorts.