We loved this place. Boyfriend and I arrived in VB (our first time there) after 9:00 on Friday nite--with no reservations anywhere. Just thought we would take our chances on finding a place. No doubt about it--we hit the jackpot staying here. Had originally planned on only staying two nights, but we loved our room and the beach so much that we decided to stay an extra night. Christina at the front desk was great, she went above and beyond the call of duty to shuffle things around so that we could stay in the same room for the added night-(A big thanks to her). The room was perfect for us. A queen bedroom, bathroom, living area with a flat screen TV and a kitchenette. The bedroom is not huge, but I would not call it cramped by any stretch of the imagination. Because we wanted the ocean breeze and to hear the ocean at night, we pulled out the sofa sleeper and made it up with extra sheets from the closet and slept very well there for two nights. The outside of the hotel is older, but the room was very nice-and clean! I also have to add that the entire staff is so friendly, always got a smile and a greeting and wishing you a nice day or nice evening, even the day we left they wished us a safe trip home! We didn't use the pool because it got afternoon sun and we on the beach by then, but we did see a lot of people using it. Everything you need is right across the street.
Yes, the one elevator is older and slow--No big deal!
Yes, the lobby is small, again-No big deal!
No continental breakfast, room service etc....--No big deal!
The beautiful view, the location on the boardwalk, the friendly staff all this for the price we paid was almost a steal. We will most definitely be back to VB and Ocean Suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Suites is an all Suites Oceanfront property. All rooms come equipt with a microwave, refridgerator, iron, ironing board, toaster, and two stove top burners. We also provide a 37" LCD Flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room with a private balcony overlooking the ocean. We offer FREE WIFI, Local calls, in rooms safes, and Local TV Channels, as well as on site laundry for our guest. Our outdoor pool is open during season daily from 10am till 10pm weather permitting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ambassador Suites Virginia Beach