“Recent VA Beach Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Recent VA Beach Stay”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 6 night stay at Ocean Suites. We found the hotel via the internet since we had never stayed there before. Some pros: price, location location location! We watched FunkFest from our balcony, so fun! There are some cons to this hotel though...only one elevator... even staying on the 8th floor we sometimes just used the stairs, they were quicker! The furniture and rugs need updating big time! And the balcony is a little small but is ok for two people. If they updated a little more this hotel really would be a real gem! Staff is very pleasant as well!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ginnie T
charles w, Manager at Ocean Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank You for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are currently reviewing our rooms furniture and rugs for a comfortable stay for our guest. The balconies may be a little small but the view is second to none even from the living rooms. Having one elevator does make it difficult at times with guest as well as housekeeping but I have reviewed the usage of the elevators with our housekeeping and we are working on a schedule to keep from using the elevators as much and to free them up for our guest. Without all of the extra amenities of the other Hotels in the area, we strive on our Customer Service and work hard to ensure you have a pleasant stay. I hope we will see you in the near future for us to show you our upgrades on our Customer Service. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
whitplains,newyork
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at ocean suites in late augast.the hotel is in a great location in the middle of the strip.walking distence to everything,dont have to remove your car unless you are going out side va beach.
The downside is the parking both are verry tight but the 2nd level is better.So you check in park on top and take one flight down to the hotel desk,that is attach to the botton parking level.Also the room is small.It says it can held up to 6 people,but inreality 4 people is the max.There is only one elavater,so it takes time to get to you.all in all.I would go back,the veiw from your room is great,the staff is friendly,and the room is ok and clean

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I must agree that the 2nd level of our parking garage is more open and easier to get around than the first with the columns. I have reviewed with my staff on the usage of the elevators and to limit it for the use of our guest since we do only have one on site. I must agree also that the view from our rooms and balconies is one of the best as well is our Customer Service. I am glad you had a good stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2012

They are vey considerate and understanding. Antwein was extremely helpful when I got locked out of my room and was on my way back from the beach. The location and price is 2nd to none. I throw a rock to the beach. Having a stove is very helpful, I save about 50 dollars a day because of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank blackhgost79
charles w, Manager at Ocean Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank You for your review on Trip Advisor. Our staff at Ocean Suites strives to make you stay with us as pleasant as possible. I makes a differance when you see an actual Associates Name with a positive response as you made with Antwein. We hope to see you again soon.
West Point, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I chose this place because there were two rooms on the beach at a reasonable price. The bedroom was packed with a bunk bed and a queen bed which made moving around and suitcase storage rough.The queen bed was relatively comfy but the bunk bed squeeked horribly when my son crawled up on top and my mother said the mattress on the lower bunk was uncomfortable(could feel the coils of springs). My other son slept on the pull out bed in the living room...which was also uncomfortable(felt the springs again). The place was clean and maid service came routinely to replace towels, make beds, vacuum, etc. The kitchen was small but served our purpose (cereal/toast breakfasts, snacks and reheating leftovers). The view from the balcony was stellar!! We enjoyed sitting out there people watching and enjoyed the Wednesday night fireworks. They had a hallway to access the beach with a shower in it to rinse off the sand(a nice plus). Overall our stay was pleasant and peaceful(except for the military jets...which is just a fact of life.)

Room Tip: I would ask for third floor. An easy climb up the stairs since the elevator is slow and the first/se...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your review on Trip Advisor. I understand your concerns and take your comments and suggestions very seriously. Any and all issues will be addresed so that we can make your next stay with us even better. The beach here is extremely beautiful and the view from our Hotel can be quite breathtaking. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon so we can improve and make your next visit with us even more pleasant.
Bronx
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ocean suites caters for families that want to have vacations together at a price that is affordable and accommodations that reminds you of your own home. This hotel is home away from home. The staff is your extended family. They are friendly,respectful and caring.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you say the word family. It is important to focus on the Family these days. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Due to some issues we couldn't make our reservations until a week before and we found this place while checking out the reviews on tripadvisor. While I respect other people's opinions, I don't see how anyone can rate these "suites" as anything put poor.

The Good:
Location of course. Right on the boardwalk between 23rd and 24th street, you are right where the action is and it's a quick walk to the beach.

The Flat screen TV had a decent picture for a hotel TV.

The Bad:
Where do I start?
The "suites" are ridiculously small. My family has five people and we were cramped in all aspects. The "bedroom" is more like a closet with two double beds that were pushed against the walls and barely a part from each other. There is no place to put luggage or anything.
The beds were terribly uncomfortable and my wife's shoulder was killing her after two nights sleeping on mattresses that have seen better days. My arm and hands fell asleep several times and I whoever got the inside got smashed up against the wall.

The "livingroom" area had no carpet which makes a little sand on the floor uncomfortable. The couch was ridiculously uncomfortable with cushions that barely had any filler.that could only fit two, maybe three people if squished together The pull out bed was basically springs with a thin mattress that was pretty much the worse pull out bed I've ever seen. There was an uncomfortable chair as well.

The balcony was old and extremely small. I had to sit to the side because you can't sit facing out because your knees will hit the railing. The plastic chairs were wobbly and uncomfortable.

The refrigerator was just a half fridge and even on half way it froze the drinks on the top shelf. The toaster did not work.

This plae might be ok if you have small children or for two people, but for family of five it was waaaaayyyy too small.

The bathrooms were updated and clean but the water pressure was light and took forever to get the sand off.

2 Thank tpasa
charles w, Manager at Ocean Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank :You for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. For a big family, yes our rooms do seem small. We are in the process of replacing the mattresses for our beds as well as the sleeper sofas. During our busiest time of year it is difficult to get into the rooms. We are also checking into our refridgerators. Some of the rooms have already been replaced will full size but mostly in the rooms with the Queen beds. With the upgrades we will be making, I hope you will give us another oppertunity to serve you in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Upon my family arrival my first opinion of this hotel was to run the 258 miles back home. The office is located in the rear of the garage which was strange. The staff was polite no complaints about them. Upon entry of the hotel room I was expecting a large enough space to accomodate 4 people comfortably but the rooms are extreamly small. The refrigerator is pint size don't plan on storing to much. The balcony was also small I'm short in stature and had to turn sideways to stretch my legs. On our second night stay I was awaken by bugs crawling all over me in the bed they were not (mosquitoes or gnats). I will not even consider or advise anyone to stay at this hotel until it is given a good scrubbing. If you do decide to stay here please check your beds carefully thoroughly don't take any uninvited guess home with you. Our trip was terminated early but the kids understood and were ready for a good shower when we arrived back home. Our money was returned (except first night) without incident and Charles the property manager was very apologetic. also money for laundry was returned.

Room Tip: Stay away from room #202.
1 Thank creeper411
Thank You for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We do apologize for the inconvience you experienced during your stay with us. With a large family of adults (anyone over the age of 12) the rooms can seem to be quite small. We are in the process of upgrading some of our ammenities in the rooms to accomodate larger families. The other issue has been rectified as well and I hope we gave you the customer service you deserved to get you through this time. I hope you will reconsider your decission and give us another oppertunity to serve you properly when we reopen next season.