“Will never stay at any type of Hilton again”

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Florida
“Will never stay at any type of Hilton again”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I had just arrived back from overseas and decided to have a quick weekend getaway in va beach..so I went to the Hilton website and made a reservation, no problems there received my confirmation number thought all was well..well the joke was on me...arrived to hotel Sat 27 Jul 2013, the elderly gentleman tries to tell me my reservation was canceled, I am showing him that is not true, showed him my email, he then tells me there are no rooms available when I call his bluff he magically puts me in room 729. We couldn't even get in the room because they decided to update the key system. The bed was very uncomfortable, so not only did we have a problem getting in the room but now we have to sleep in a uncomfortable bed. Next morning we eat breakfast which was quite tasty. We checked out on time gave the guy at the front desk my key on 28JUL and said I am glad we were able to give you a room. I get alert on my account, I see the hotel has charged me for 2 nights. I call the hotel but noone answers so I call the Hilton 800 # the wonderful young lady calls the hotel and tells me I should not been charged twice. The next day I am at work someone from the hilton calls and leaves a message saying I stayed 27-29. I call back and said I checked out the 28, I was told to fax my statement which I did. 2 Aug I see I was charged for 2 nights still. Like really What in frosted mini wheats????? I call the hotel again and the girl going to tell me I stayed 2 nights. I am like I personally handed my keys to the guy at the front desk on the 28. I never had any issues with any Hilton before but this has left a bad taste in my mouth, and then their customer service sucked. Location is great but that is about it. I will never stay at another hilton establishment again.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank mizgbad
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We do appreciate the feedback whether it is good or bad. Our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and after. All information given to us from our guests goes directly into our training to make our staff and service to our guests better. We hope you give us a chance to change your mind about hilton properties and especially our own. We gaurantee you to have a much* better experience if you do. Once again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Gastonia Jaguar Cheerleaders stay there July 26th and 27th for The National Cheerleading Competition and our experience was GREAT!
When we checked in the Staff was very nice and cheerful and seemed happy to help us. Room was very nice. Couldn't ask for anything more!
Within walking distance to shopping and many restaurants.
Very nice Breakfast Buffet!
Would most likely stay at Hilton Hotel again when traveling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie B
Richmond, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overall I loved my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Town Center. The part I was not pleased with is the parking in the garage across the street. I did not feel very safe parking there at night; however, I did not encounter any problems while doing so. I have stayed with Hilton many times before but the mattress I had this time was not comfortable. I tried moving the setting from hard to soft and just could not adjust this particular one to be comfortable. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again in the future.

2 Thank Franchon B
Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies that your stay was not the best it could have been. We are looking to better the parking situation, the good news is we do offer a free downtown covered parking with a 24 hour 7 day a week security that will escort you to and from the property. We hope you do still choose to stay with us in the future.
Apex, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was about 11 miles from the beach on the highway, but it was walking distance from plenty of restaurants and stores. It's a great hotel in a great location if you don't mind the car ride to the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Kelly M
Thank you for your positive input on our hotel. We get many comments on our great location and appreciate each and every compliment we receive. We hope to make you a loyal Hilton guest if you are not already. We look forward to your next visit.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here on business for 3 nights. The hotel is in the middle of a shopping area with a number of restaurants (although, I never ate at any). I reserved a room with king sized bed, but only two doubles were available...not a big deal because it was just me. Room rates do not include breakfast, which is an all you can eat buffet for $11.95. Fortunately, the colleague I was traveling with has Hilton Gold status and received extra breakfast vouchers...otherwise I would consider it over-priced.

My room was on the 5th floor and was very quiet..never had any problems sleeping.

The hotel only has about 6-10 parking spots in front of the building. They are labeled "loading & unloading", but I parked there overnight & didn't have any issues. There is a free public parking structure across the street, however it would be a pain to hall luggage back & forth.

The hotel is only about a 20 minute drive from the beach, which made it convenient to go out there for dinner every night.

Front desk staff was very friendly - even when we arrived after 10pm the first evening!

1 Thank orduck01
Thank you for your review. It seems like our hotel was a good match for you and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Although you did stay with us on business, we hope you are able to come visit us again on vacation and relax. Once again, thank you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As if the comfort of a Hilton Garden Inn couldn't get any better, the cleaning staff added so much to my experience. Leader George knew exactly how to bring a smile to all of his guests. He would make different figures out of the towels and have them welcome us on the bed. He would also come by to check and see if we needed anything during our stay. It's this type of customer service that will have me coming back to Hilton time and time again. Thank you Hilton; thank you, George.

Jo Guzman

Room Tip: Choose a room with a whirlpool in it (one of the sweets) - soaking in the jacuzzi made each evening...
1 Thank JohannG1
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We are delighted your experience with us was one to brag about. This is not the first time George has been noticed for his outstanding customer service and we understand what a great employee we have in him. We thank you for staying in us and once again thank you for your review.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have traveled to the Virginia Beach area a few times & always stay with Hilton. This was my best & most relaxing stay ever!! I enjoyed the very comfortable beds with sleep adjustment and liked the extra soft pillows. The pool was spotless and was very enjoyable Sunday Morning with fresh towels on every table... workout facilities were well kept and smelled FRESH & CLEAN ... very inviting when walking into any gym area! My room attendandant Jennifer was very pleasant to meet & she honored my request for extra toiletries & linen! The Breakfast was especially great with all the fresh berries, pineapple and yogurt bar. The omelet bar was perfect as always and I was pleased to see added fixings including jalapeños !! Each Morning I was greeted by Devon who was very professional & friendly while tending to my table service ! The entire wait staff was a delight to deal with !! The Town Center location was perfectly housed near fine dining, night life and shopping and I plan on using this outstanding venue to stay in Virginia Beach when I return to the area! I was most impressed with the security staff/ night crew... When I dropped my camera in the lobby late Saturday Night I was sure it would never be seen again!!! I was so surprised that one of the Hilton Night Staff were kind and honest enough to turn it into Lost & Found where I retrieved it the next day !! I would like to personally thank Hilton Garden Inn Towne Center for hiring and retaining such trustworthy People .... I will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center when I return to the area after such a great encounter!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank wdwells94
We are ecstatic to hear about your great experience with our hotel. We take pride in the staff we hire and the service they provide to our guests as we strive to obtain property loyalty. Each time you stay with us we try to make your stay even better than your previous visit and that is exactly our plan for your next stay. Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our hotel.