“Quiet hotel in great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #2 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Portland, Oregon
“Quiet hotel in great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here on business for 3 nights. The hotel is in the middle of a shopping area with a number of restaurants (although, I never ate at any). I reserved a room with king sized bed, but only two doubles were available...not a big deal because it was just me. Room rates do not include breakfast, which is an all you can eat buffet for $11.95. Fortunately, the colleague I was traveling with has Hilton Gold status and received extra breakfast vouchers...otherwise I would consider it over-priced.

My room was on the 5th floor and was very quiet..never had any problems sleeping.

The hotel only has about 6-10 parking spots in front of the building. They are labeled "loading & unloading", but I parked there overnight & didn't have any issues. There is a free public parking structure across the street, however it would be a pain to hall luggage back & forth.

The hotel is only about a 20 minute drive from the beach, which made it convenient to go out there for dinner every night.

Front desk staff was very friendly - even when we arrived after 10pm the first evening!

1 Thank orduck01
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. It seems like our hotel was a good match for you and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Although you did stay with us on business, we hope you are able to come visit us again on vacation and relax. Once again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

As if the comfort of a Hilton Garden Inn couldn't get any better, the cleaning staff added so much to my experience. Leader George knew exactly how to bring a smile to all of his guests. He would make different figures out of the towels and have them welcome us on the bed. He would also come by to check and see if we needed anything during our stay. It's this type of customer service that will have me coming back to Hilton time and time again. Thank you Hilton; thank you, George.

Jo Guzman

Room Tip: Choose a room with a whirlpool in it (one of the sweets) - soaking in the jacuzzi made each evening...
1 Thank JohannG1
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We are delighted your experience with us was one to brag about. This is not the first time George has been noticed for his outstanding customer service and we understand what a great employee we have in him. We thank you for staying in us and once again thank you for your review.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have traveled to the Virginia Beach area a few times & always stay with Hilton. This was my best & most relaxing stay ever!! I enjoyed the very comfortable beds with sleep adjustment and liked the extra soft pillows. The pool was spotless and was very enjoyable Sunday Morning with fresh towels on every table... workout facilities were well kept and smelled FRESH & CLEAN ... very inviting when walking into any gym area! My room attendandant Jennifer was very pleasant to meet & she honored my request for extra toiletries & linen! The Breakfast was especially great with all the fresh berries, pineapple and yogurt bar. The omelet bar was perfect as always and I was pleased to see added fixings including jalapeños !! Each Morning I was greeted by Devon who was very professional & friendly while tending to my table service ! The entire wait staff was a delight to deal with !! The Town Center location was perfectly housed near fine dining, night life and shopping and I plan on using this outstanding venue to stay in Virginia Beach when I return to the area! I was most impressed with the security staff/ night crew... When I dropped my camera in the lobby late Saturday Night I was sure it would never be seen again!!! I was so surprised that one of the Hilton Night Staff were kind and honest enough to turn it into Lost & Found where I retrieved it the next day !! I would like to personally thank Hilton Garden Inn Towne Center for hiring and retaining such trustworthy People .... I will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center when I return to the area after such a great encounter!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank wdwells94
We are ecstatic to hear about your great experience with our hotel. We take pride in the staff we hire and the service they provide to our guests as we strive to obtain property loyalty. Each time you stay with us we try to make your stay even better than your previous visit and that is exactly our plan for your next stay. Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our hotel.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I travel extensively for business and I appreciate a hotel staff who is friendly and welcoming. The front desk staff was welcoming upon arrival and I loved walking into a clean room. The cleaning staff made sure everything was clean and organized. This hotel has a great staff. The kitchen staff is outstanding!

1 Thank Sun7girl
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We hope every experience you have with us is a clean and friendly one. My staff takes pride in the service they give and the work they do and I take extreme pride in my staff. We want all of our guests, new and old, to feel as if they are a part of our Hilton family and we hope if you don't already feel that way, you will by the next time you stay with us. Once again thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
Kennett Square, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a great place to stay overnight when I had to take care of some family business in the area. The staff was great and the room was very comfortable. Parking was across the street but staff was great about loading and unloading near the hotel. Nice small bar in lobby and lots to do in surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Suzanne H
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments about the property. We hope you are able to come visit us again soon to really enjoy everything our hotel has to offer.
Heathsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My frequent stop while on bidnit in the Tidewater-area.
The staff in this hotel are extremely friendly and professional.
I had a minor reservation glitch this time that was handled promptly, almost like it never happened!!
Very clean and well-kept room; cleanliness (clearly) a top priority at this place.
Breakfast great! Staff could not have done more.
Manager deserves credit for good leadership. This type of quality accommodation does not happen by accident.
Good job!!

2 Thank marty c
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff works hard as a team to make sure every aspect of your visit is the best that it can be. It seems as if your stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thomas 07/20/13
It take balls for any one to take the time to say a bad word about this hotel . From the parking lot to the bathroom , this place is clean and safe . I would compare this property right up there to Caesars in Atlantic city NJ ! There might not be any slot machines but your all ready a winner as soon as you check in !! SHAME on any one who says other wise . If they do there s just no pleasing them anyway !!! Thank you Hilton hotel for coming thru once again !!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Delawarewhere
We appreciate your enthusiasm about the service at our hotel. We hope our property is your top choice when visiting Virginia Beach and that your next visit with us is soon. Our goal for your next stay is to make what is already a fantastic review into an even greater one. Thank you for all you do as a loyal Hilton guest.