“Never worry when staying at Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Newport, Rhode Island
“Never worry when staying at Hilton”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had to take a last moment trip due to a death in the family. I was quickly able to secure a room and a hotel that I never worry about. Other hotels in Virginia Beach has been run down and more like a motel then a nice clean hotel. I had to check in very late so called ahead and check in was taken care of over the phone. Good reliable hotel at a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank airowo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

For Valentines and Anniversary I love getting a room with an in-room hottub/whirl pool at Hilton Garden In Virginia Beach Town Center. It is such a great value that I update to their romance package and have a bottle of bubbly in the room when we arrive. Room is pretty spacious, very pleasant. It is located in a target-rich environment for eating including Bravo Cucina Italia, Gordon Biersch, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Romano's Macaroni, The Funny Bone (double duty eating and entertainment) and well here is a list http://www.urbanspoon.com/ps/35/6197/hampton-roads-hilton-garden-inn-virginia-beach-town-center-nearby-restaurants . I've not had their room service but the breakfasts we've had were really good. Parking can be an issue but there is a garage just across the street. She thoroughly enjoys the experience and I love making her happy.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the hot-tub/spa!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it is usually ok...typical Garden Inn in a good location. My issues this time were strictly housekeeping. On returning to my room on the second evening, I found that my room wasn't cleaned. I went to the desk to find out why and a very nice young lady looked at a list and said that my Do Not Disturb sign was out...which it was until I left the room. When I left the room, the cleaning cart was right outside my door and several neighboring room doors were open, so they had to know I had left.. She was going to leave a note for the manager, but after reading some of the horror stories I didn't want the maids cleaning my room after getting talked to by the manager, so I told her to just let it go...I could just imagine my toothbrush and where it might visit...ugh.......then on my final day, the housekeepers were banging on the door at 10 am to see if I was checking out, even though my Do Not Disturb sign was out...My room wasn't as clean as usual, with something very sticky on the floor. I poured some water on it and used a towel to mop it up so my shoes didn't sound so sticky when walking in there. The pool area was a desaster every time I walked by it with pools and mess everywhere, so apparently the housekeeping department has some issues. Overall the hotel is a typical Garden Inn...They just need to get housekeeping under control...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear JimSatlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay information. I have used your review as a training tool for housekeeping. We appreciate your business and please come back and see us.

MGMT
Baltimore
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great location - but more importantly great quality, value and customer service time and time again. We use this location multiple times throughout the year to visit with our grandchildren, they love the pool and the central location to shopping, food and entertainment. We love the quality and service we get! Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. We love hearing feedback like this. The best compliment you can give us is to just come back. THANK YOU !
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a month, and total of 2 months in the past 5 months. The staff remembered me by name. Great stay. Curteous and friendly staff. The housekeeping staff honored all of my requests, kept my room clean, and frequenty asked if there were any additional services they could render

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear EStays,

It is always good to hear feedback from all of our guests. We were very happy you stayed with us and hope you will again real soon. Best wishes!

Team Virginia Beach !
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The entire staff went out of their way to please us and the resturant crew did the same. Beds were soft and comfy. THe indoor pool was perfect temp and no odor of chemicals at all. (KUDOS to Zoe the front desk Staff). The only down fall if you can call it this is the hotel is on a busy street but its surrounded by all 5 stars resturants around the whole block

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. It very close to shopping and restaurants, also central to the beach and the Naval base. Since we were to visit a sailor the location was great. The hotel was nice and the staff were great. We will definitely be staying there again.