“Over and Above in all they do!”

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed December 5, 2012

As a company we do over 2800 meetings a week in hotels across the country. We love Hilton Garden Inn's because of the way they take care of their clients. You take the cake! The property is immaculate. The staff was extrodinary! Megan Nazor in their sales dept always goes above and beyond. We will be back many times in 2013. Happy Holidays

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We came to Va. Beach to be with family for Thanksgiving. I immediately noticed how clean and new the hotel appeared. We were promptly checked in and were very pleased with our room. I liked that it is centrally located and that there was many restaurants around to choose from. The parking was great...free and right across the street in a parking garage. Our housekeeping girl (Leonia) did an excellent job!!!

The only cons were the beds were too firm for me and the room heater was a little noisy, but I'd come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Rickey E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you so much choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, it is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you were "very pleased" with your stay and that you would come back. We look forward to seeing you on your return. I did notice that you commented on the firmness of the bed, saying it was too firm. For your return visit, please know that we use Garden Sleep System beds that allow for you to manually adjust the firmness of the bed to your liking.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

They even offer 3 dollar bottled water for diamond members.....at least I'm getting Hilton honors points.
A hotel is only as good as it's management---- 2 nickel review for all business travelers. Ask for an odd numbered room to avoid the boulevard noise. Lame beds!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe F

First, thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center; we really appreciate your business. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some things during your stay that you were not happy with. We do have bottled water for sale in our Pavilion Pantry, and the cost is the same for all Hilton Honors members as well as those who are not a member. But as a way of showing our appreciation to you for being a Diamond member in our Hilton Honors rewards program, we do provide you with two complimentary bottles of water at check-in and complimentary breakfast for two each day of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you think we have "lame beds" as our beds are part of the Garden Sleep System which allows you to adjust the bed to your preference of firmness. I do hope that you decide to stay with us again as we would be more than willing to make sure your stay is satisfactory.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful and room was clean and comfortable.
But weheard so much of the very early morning traffic in our second floor room.. Perhaps the courtyard side would be quieter. Also no complimentary breakfast. Easy internet access.

Room Tip: Get a room on the courtyard side and a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rickey E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center. Thank you for your positive comments about our staff and rooms. We really value that feedback from our guests. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience of noise that you experienced. While we do not have a complimentary breakfast available. We do have a breakfast buffet with made to order omelets, french toast, pancakes, and more. We also have an option of a limited breakfast available at a cheaper price. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary Wi-Fi.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

At first the initial report for this hotel would have been do NOT stay at this hotel, But after having worked with the Front Office Manager Rick, whom did seem to want to make some effort to work with me to attempt to correct some of the issues perhaps it may not be too bad. Though the mattresses are NOT that comfortable (they are the type that have dials that allow for firmness or softness though honestly turning them completely down, really does NOT really bring them down all that much for softness at all, so the mattress is rather firm). The noise level of rooms that face Virginia Beach Blvd is extremely loud so be warned. And certain members of staff need training when it comes to guests that are already registered requesting assisting to alter rooms. Rooms have multiple issues of mechanical nature (toilet handle was broken, shower leaked, door to room squeaked, fridge/freezer leaked). But after discussing the many issues w/Rick the Front Office Manager, he was rather helpful & seemed to listen. The breakfast buffet offered at this hotel was decent though listening to other patrons as well as my impressions at least I did not feel alone in my opinions of well slightly less than impressed.

Room Tip: Make sure to obtain a room NOT on the side of the Virginia Beach Blvd if one does NOT want noise, &a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

I want to apologize again for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay, and I also want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that I was able to assist and take care of the issues at hand while you were still in house with us, and I want you to know that we welcome you back so we can give you the experience that every guest expects from the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Room was clean, staff was very courteous, good water in the lobby, parking situation is a little unnappealing, but, all in all, a good brief escape. Loved being able to walk to a nice dinner, and not worry about driving home, neighborhood vibrant on a Saturday night. A little traffic noise, but, hardly noticed it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, and also thank you for the positive comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. I am sorry to hear that our free covered downtown parking was a little unappealing to you. It is great to be able to walk to dinner and not have to worry about driving, but the next time you decide to stay with us, don't forget that we do have room service available at our in house restaurant, The Great American Grill. Nothing beats having your dinner delivered to you!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn last weekend for a wedding in Norfolk, VA. My husband and I decided to move our reservation from downtown Norfolk to here to save on cost. We used to live in VABeach so we knew of the great access to restaurants we would have at the Hilton. PfChangs, Cheesecake Factory, Bravo, Funny Bone, & Ruth Chris to name a few.

I was pleased to walk in and find some citrus water in the lobby, which was always available. Checkin was complete in a about 2min. Loved that.

The room was comfy. Only hiccup that I was NOT pleased to find was an old bar of soap and shampoo in the shower/tub. I immediately called downstairs and they had someone upstairs within 15min. That was not cool considering we needed to leave for the rehearsal of our friends wedding 15min.

Nevertheless I would stay there again. I am extremely picky about hotels. I had no more problems thereafter regarding cleanliness. The noise quality was great. Great staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center. It is great to here you describe your stay as a pleasure, as it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We do have great restaurants located around us in Town Center but do not forget about our in house restaurant, The Great American Grill, which is also available for room service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary lobby water as we choose a different fruit each day to flavor the water. I want to apologize for the "hiccup" you experienced and want you to know we have used your feedback to help correct the issue. It is great to hear that you would stay here again as we will be looking forward to seeing you again during your next stay.