“Good location, clean, courteous”

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Room was clean, staff was very courteous, good water in the lobby, parking situation is a little unnappealing, but, all in all, a good brief escape. Loved being able to walk to a nice dinner, and not worry about driving home, neighborhood vibrant on a Saturday night. A little traffic noise, but, hardly noticed it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rickey E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, and also thank you for the positive comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. I am sorry to hear that our free covered downtown parking was a little unappealing to you. It is great to be able to walk to dinner and not have to worry about driving, but the next time you decide to stay with us, don't forget that we do have room service available at our in house restaurant, The Great American Grill. Nothing beats having your dinner delivered to you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn last weekend for a wedding in Norfolk, VA. My husband and I decided to move our reservation from downtown Norfolk to here to save on cost. We used to live in VABeach so we knew of the great access to restaurants we would have at the Hilton. PfChangs, Cheesecake Factory, Bravo, Funny Bone, & Ruth Chris to name a few.

I was pleased to walk in and find some citrus water in the lobby, which was always available. Checkin was complete in a about 2min. Loved that.

The room was comfy. Only hiccup that I was NOT pleased to find was an old bar of soap and shampoo in the shower/tub. I immediately called downstairs and they had someone upstairs within 15min. That was not cool considering we needed to leave for the rehearsal of our friends wedding 15min.

Nevertheless I would stay there again. I am extremely picky about hotels. I had no more problems thereafter regarding cleanliness. The noise quality was great. Great staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center. It is great to here you describe your stay as a pleasure, as it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We do have great restaurants located around us in Town Center but do not forget about our in house restaurant, The Great American Grill, which is also available for room service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary lobby water as we choose a different fruit each day to flavor the water. I want to apologize for the "hiccup" you experienced and want you to know we have used your feedback to help correct the issue. It is great to hear that you would stay here again as we will be looking forward to seeing you again during your next stay.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Long story short, we were visiting my sister in VA Beach and arrived in town very late. There was a huge issue with the roach motel we were supposed to stay at and found ourselves without a place to stay at 11:00 at night with a one year old and a three year old. We called the number on the back of my wife's honors card and the nicest woman in the world found us this hotel and a room at a more than reasonable price. Aside from being a lifesaver in a desperate situation, this was one of my best hotel stays to date.

I love Hilton beds!! They are magic and I melted right into it and fell into the best sleep I've gotten since my son has been born.

The room itself was very clean, very comfortable, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff was more than friendly and accommodating.

We did not get to use the pool, but the fitness center is what I have come to expect from the Hilton brand. Clean, up to date, convenient.

The only downside is that the only parking is across the street in a garage, but it is free and they don't have a problem if you need to pull up front for a few minutes while you load/unload/what have you. So I don't take any points off for that because it ended up not being a problem, just a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rickey E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to share your great comments with us. We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are coming to the area be sure to make a reservation here with us, that way we won't have to save your trip and you can just enjoy your trip!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel was great. It was incredibly clean, the staff was very professional and friendly, the rooms were nicely sized, and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The pool looked great (though I had unfortunately not packed a bathing suit) and the fitness room was very nice. Free parking is right across the street in a garage. I literally have nothing negative to say about this location, and I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We want to thank you for your business and hope you come stay with us again and remember to bring your bathing suit this time!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My boyfriend & I decided to have a weekend getaway and he chose this hotel. The hotel was very clean & definitely won cool points with me because they had Bath & Body Works products in the bathroom :-) The staff is really nice as well. The only con I can think of was the fact that their menu for room service in the room was outdated. Basically everything we attempted to order was no longer on the menu. One employee even stated that they hadn't sold Pepsi since he started working. The location made up for that. We ate at PF Changs and Smokey Bones (which is my new favorite). I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

There are a lot of pluses to this hotel. It is well located near the expressway and walking distance to a number of eating establishments. Breakfast was good but is was a little uneven. Their waffle maker was broken and no one seemed to know how to make french toast. So I ordered an omelet which was well prepared and presented. Service at breakfast was excellent. Now the minuses. Parking. There are six spaces out front and if you don't get one of those you have to park on the fifth floor or higher of the adjacent parking garage. It's free but not too handy. The rooms alongside Va Beach Boulevard are very noisy. There is a hospital in the neighborhood and there are emergency vehicles going down the road all night. Perhaps a little better soundproofing like what is done around airports would have solved the problem, but it is way too late now to think about that. Check in was not pleasant. I am a gold member and got neither my bottles of water or the breakfast coupons until I pressed the matter. The 20 something reception desk clerk was clueless as to gold or diamond members. The have probably been to at least a dozen Hilton Garden Inn's and this overall was in the bottom three. Nothing awful, but nothing great either. Lots of room for improvement here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the boulevard side, it may be quieter.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here during the weekend of my half-marathon, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. First of all, I location of the hotel is good. It is located in an area called the Town Square which I understand is a fairly newly developed area. There are plenty of options for dining within just a few meters of the hotel. Steak house? Check! Ice cream? Check! Italian restaurant? Check! Indian? Check! Japanese Bistro? Check! Irish bar? Check! Cigar shop? Yes! I highly recommend visiting a gelato shop near the Rush Chris stake house (the name escapes me right now). I enjoyed their coffee. The hotel staff were also friendly, the hotel room I got was clean and quiet. I don't usually have high expectations of Hilton chain hotel, but I would go back here if I need to stay in Virginia Beach again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo