“Wonderful Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just got back from this hotel today.We wanted to visit Virginia Beach but did not want to stay directly on the beach so we chose this hotel. I can only say it was a wonderful experience.
Pros: I loved the gym I used it everyday I was there for six days,I really liked the pool and they also have a hot tub.The entire hotel is now renovated and it looks wonderful.The room I booked was a king and it was very spacious the ladies at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful espeically Jessica.The room have a microwave and fridge which was a good thing we were able to put leftovers in the fridge .There are so many shopping malls in that area and plentyof places to eat.I was able to visit the aquaruim and also other interesting places.
cons: The pillows were not comfortable and you had to park in the parking garage on the 5th floor but that was not such a big deal at least we didn't have to pay.In all I would say this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catlady12329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Typical HGI...in a great way of course. No surprises...you know what to expect That's why we all love our Hilton points! Helpful friendly staff, comfy room, clean and modern...no visible wear and tear. They may have done some renovations to keep it fresh. (another yelper wrote renovations). I strongly hate the parking situation. Only a few spots right out the front parking lot which I was thrilled to get this visit! Otherwise the parking garage across the street...I hate parking garages! Last time I was here a pan handler asked me for money as I was exiting the garage...it creeped me out since it was dark out too. I do feel safe in the area so this was surprising. Anyway, one orher small thing...the AC is a little loud. But all in all a nice reliable place...especially for the business traveler since stores and great restaurants all in walking distance! I especially love Zushi (Japanese).

• Stayed August 2012
New york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great stay. My wife and I stayed with the Hilton Garden in @ town center in Virginia beach for 3 nights and we enjoyed he fact that it was so central and convenient though on the three days we were there our room was not cleaned once or any linen changed for that matter and for $200 dollars a night I definitely expected at least my...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We have a family of 5 and stayed here on vacation. There are allot of good things to say about this hotel. First it is right on the beach and the beach is clean. It is not the white sands of Florida, but if you are looking for that go to Florida. The water was warm and I snorkled and there was no trash in the water... No fish either. The hotel has a pool on the roof with a bar that was nice. There are two restaurants in the hotel. One is high class... $$$. The other was approx. $30 per meal and seemed a little pricey so we did not eat there with there being 5 of us. Everynight there was live music outside the hotel with an outside bar at the hotel. We spent two nights listening. Fun but very crowded. All in all... One of the better places to stay on the beach from what we could tell!

• Stayed August 2012
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed with the Hilton Garden in @ town center in Virginia beach for 3 nights and we enjoyed he fact that it was so central and convenient though on the three days we were there our room was not cleaned once or any linen changed for that matter and for $200 dollars a night I definitely expected at least my linen to be changed once .

Room Tip: Insist on having your room cleaned otherwise your experience might not be the best
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I read a few other reviews, and I think I had the same receptionist as one other guest, as she was a little short, maybe having a bad day. Other than that my stay here, which was for 3 nights on business in early August, was high quality. I've stayed in other Hilton GI's and this one was top notch. Clean each day, comfortable beds, and nicely decorated. I parked in the garage across the street also, which is free beginning on the 5th level, but very close by so not an issue. I had to extend my stay, originally booked for 2 days but had to add the 3rd night, when I approached the desk clerk, I said I think I'm going to need to add a night to my stay she said 'You think you do, or you do?" which I thought was a little snotty, but maybe that was my fault for the way I said it.

Room Tip: If you stay on the left side, as you face the main entrance, you're closer to the parking garage...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

With the exception of a female receptionist, hotel staff was very friendly. Excellent breakfast!! Rooms are very clean with plenty of hot water without waiting. Very limited on-site parking though parking is free at a near-by public parking garage on garage floors 5 and above.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business