“A very nice hotel at a decent price”

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Well I stayed on this property because my wife wanted to stay in a nicer hotel than I am used to. Anyway, I booked this thru priceline name your price and got this hotel for around 90$. Anyway Upon arriving at the motel, I was fairly impressed with the building, it looked clean and the lobby was beautiful. The lady at the front desk was very friendly as well. The hotel also features Otis Traction elevators that are very fast. I was also traveling with my stepson as well and they were able to change my room from a king to 2 double beds with no issue.

Upon arriving at our room on the 2nd floor, I opened the door and the room was clean as I expected. The beds were SO comfortable as they had the sleep number thingy. One of the best beds I have ever slept in.. I liked the flat screen TV and the room was VERY spacious.. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room so if you stay here you don't have to eat out. a BIG plus in my opinion.. The ONLY thing I found the room lacked was an exahust fan in the bathroom so showers fogged up the bathroom very bad..

In conclusion, I highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machines and elevator
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed on night on a business trip. On check-in, they upgraded my room to a suite and provided a chit for a free breakfast buffet. I assume this was because my corporate travel office had made the reservation and they mentioned the name of my company. The suite was spacious, especially the bathroom because it was handicap enabled. The room was clean and quiet, even though it faced a major boulevard. I used the small but adequate fitness center; there is also an indoor pool. The hotel is adjacent to a business center area--sort of a mini downtown with lots of good restaurants. The only odd thing is the parking. You get free parking, but it is in the high-rise structure across the street. A little inconvenient, but at least it is free. All in all, an excellent choice for the business traveler.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank grandpere
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My family and I are traveling from R.I. To Myrtle Beach S.C. And stayed in Virginia beach for one night. After traveling for an entire day nothing seemed more important than sleep. The hotel was clean and the pool was nice. But when it came time to sleep we were completely disappointed. The hotel was having a function and instead of putting them in a different part of the hotel instead they put them in a room on the main floor right underneath our rooms. They started playing music so loud it shook our rooms and caused our headboards to shake. Our stay was just for sleep and to have a hotel conduct themselves in this was is completely unacceptable! if your looking for a good nights sleep think again, never again will I stay here. They advertise great nights sleep.....only if you love the idea of shaking windows and loud party goers

Room Tip: Make sure they aren't holding an event at the hotel during your stay
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mdcupcakes
hgivbgm2011, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide you with the quality and service you expect and deserve from Hilton Garden Inn in Virginia Beach. Your comments are truly appreciated and I'll be reaching out to you to make this right.

Rachel Green

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been frequenting this Hotel everytime I visit the Virginia Beach area for work. The location is terrific, plenty of restaurant in the vicinity ( walking distance). The hotel has a parking structure across the street, with Free parking. Accessing the parking structure, parking getting back to the hotel is a breeze.The hotel is well connected by a shuttle to the airport. I havent used the shuttle, but some of my coworkers have; when the rental car ran out of cars (no kidding). The rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of Towels, clean linen and soaps,shampoos etc.
Coming back to the location, there are plenty of restaurants around withing walking distance. As a traveller the last thing you need to stress out after a long day at wok is figuring out where to get dinner. Plenty of pubs, Indian restaurant, Vietnamese restaurants ( 3 miles away), cheese cake factory, Sushi, Thai, etc....Never run out of options. I am so pleased that my company puts me up at this hotel. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RachelHong
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Right in the heart of the "new" downtown area or Va Beach.
Easy in and out and has covered parking next door for free.
Hotel was pretty good to stay at, just a cut above a Hampton Inn

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
hgivbgm2011, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality and service you expect and deserve from Hilton Garden Inn in Virginia Beach. Your feedback is valuable and we’ll be reaching out to you to make this right.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is in a nice location, near many shops and restaurants at Town Center. I found the entire lobby, gym, meeting rooms to be really nice and seemed to have been recently renovated. Honestly, these areas looked up to par with a standard Hilton, not just a Hilton Garden Inn. I was disappointed when I reached the room, which was very dark (even after I turned on all the lights) and kind of dingy. It seems to me that the rooms have not been renovated as recently as the lobby. Probably the worst feature of the rooms is the beds...they are supposed to be "Garden Beds," a cheap version of the SleepNumber bed. I found the bed to be as hard as a rock...even after turning it to the soft end. I think it got slightly softer, but certainly nowhere near "soft." Other reviewers have mentioned the parking situation, which honestly didn't bother me too much. Many hotels have parking garages, and that kind of comes along with being in the city. The front desk staff were very helpful, and immediately helped whenever I needed extra amenities (or when I needed a remote control, which was not already in my room.) All in all, it is not a terrible place, but I would probably spend the few extra dollars to stay at the Westin. (Unfortunately my company's per diem would not allow it for this trip.)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
hgivbgm2011, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Rachel Green

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, when I arrived & checked into my room I found food in the microwave & hair greeted me in the tub. I called the front desk, and a very nice lady named Danielle took really good care of me...because the first lady was a real [--]!... Danielle quickly put me in another room, which was great!...They gave me free breakfast until the time of my departure...along with a REAL GOOD cupcake from the cupcake shop across the street:O).... The rest of my stay was gr8!...It took us about 10 minutes to drive to the beach, but after seeing those oceanfront hotels & how busy it was on the boardwalk & all around. I'm glad I choose this hotel.... it's family friendly,quiet & surrounded by plenty of eateries a mall & other nice things. This hotel is a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family