“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Seneca Falls, New York
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at the schooner inn from May 1st-May4th 2013 and had a perfect stay. I was a little hesitant to make the reservations due to the negative reviews...well now that I have been there I have come to the conclusion that the people that made the negative remarks are just that type of people that like to complain and whine about anything and everything. No it is not a 5 star hotel but when you are paying $73 a night you know you are not getting perfection. However $73 a night for this room was well worth it! We arrived an hour before check in and I had to pee so bad I flew in the office and said I am checking in but I gotta pee soooo bad do you have a rest room I can use fast?! Lol....I came in so rushed and rude I thought oh no if the staff is rude like some reviews read then I am going to get it bad from them for this entrance! The woman smiled and said yes but you have to go to the fourth floor and punch in a code and she gave it to me...I quickly thanked her and ran. She smiled and laughed a little. Shew I thought to myself...nice lady! When I came back down my husband was checking us in and I told the man at the desk that I didn't add that we had kids coming with us because when I made the reservation I didn't see where I could add them. I apologized about it and he says oh that's fine, that doesn't matter at all, we don't need to add them. We got to our room and it was clean and smelled clean-i am a clean person and won't deal with "filth" and there wasn't filth at all. We immediately inspected the beds for bedbugs and they were clean...in fact there were no bugs in the room at all. I carry raid with me for these trips and I didn't have to use any of it. The pillow covers were a little stained but they were washed. The pillows are flat though....my only complaint. But it wasn't enough for me to care. We were comfy enough. We needed a few items like a spatula and can opener and I had my son run down to ask the front desk and he got them with no problems and the woman told him to tell his parents they have a very polite son. The hot tub and view were wonderful! Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows if you like fluffy pillows.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tina C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
new jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2013

While out to diner with friends who were with us(we were gone for about 4 hrs) an employee went into our room & stole our labtop,front desk claimed they didnt have the labtop until my husband called the police & then all the sudden it appeared.Who does that ? Guess they do !!! Beds were dirty when the blankets were pulled down there was someone elses hair on the sheets & it was in a friends room had the same problem!!!! The beds were small!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank mom7nj
lancaster, PA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

After a bad experience at a another motel in the area we headed to Schooners to check in. We were greet by a friendly front desk girl who was happy to show us a room before we checked in. The room was clean, recently remodeled, inexpensive, and comfortable. We checked in and were very happy with our choice. The room had a heart shaped jacuzzi hot tub that faced the beach and a very comfortable bed. There was a fridge, microwave, and small kitchenette stocked with dishes. For under $100 this was a terrific deal and if we would ever go to VA beach again we would stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kitNpup
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at the schooner the room was nice the location was nice as well but if you lose something there don't expect the staff to be forth coming with your property. I lost my cell phone back tracked everywhere I went but no one turned in a phone I called schooner inn and asked if my phone was there and was told it wasn't turned and I left my name and number well two weeks go by and I notice someone was taking pictures with my phone unknown to them that all pics taken on my phone post to my face book automatically I viewed the pics and to my surprise they were coming from the schooner inn the same place that claimed they didn't have the staff member went as far as hacking my security code and so forth when I called about my again I was told it wasn't there but soon as I mentioned the pictures it showed up all of a sudden
I went to receive my phone and when I checked my out going calls I found out the same person who claimed they just found the phone had made calls from my phone while I was still checked in at the schooner inn. My privacy was violated I spent money on a new phone when I didn't have to and I reported all this to management and was offered no type of compensation for the violation of privacy or having to buy a new phone cause one of their staff members was trying to keep it for himself. I didn't even get a letter of apology its sad when you can't trust the people that are suppose to be providing a great place to relax and feel safe in your persons and property...

• Stayed March 2013
11 Thank AcustomerUkno
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We checked in after a horrible experience at the Palm Grove Hotel, what a difference!!! The room was clean and spacious, the jacuzzi tub was great, overlooking the ocean, The staff was very courteous, Also supply dishes and utensils, fridge and microwave, all clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, added plus the hotel offers AAA, AARP and military discounts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna C
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a very good hotel. Check-in was fast and courteous. It was clean and comfortable. The heart shaped hot tub was AWESOME!!! My husband and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay it is the last hotel on the strip so it is nice and quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the strip. Our stay was the weekend after Valentines day and the parking lot was full of cars however we had decaled parking and a parking spot right by the hotel so there was no long walk. Also I assumed there were a lot of people that stayed for the weekend but it was very quiet and peaceful. The hotel is the last one on the strip, but it is located where you can still get to all the ameneties of the oceafront. It was a Great stay and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lamisha C
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went here with my husband for a Valentine's day getaway and the room was clean. The heart shaped hot tub is right by the window so you can soak while watching the surfers out on the beach. It is a nonsmoking property and the balconies are semi-private, the wall that divides from the next balcony is not from ceiling to floor but there was nobody next to us so it was alright. We had booked our stay with travelocity and saved $60.00 but I believe because of this and not booking directly with the hotel we did not get our request honored, we requested floor 4 or higher and we were told upon arrival that they were all booked. Hmmm the parking lot was empty and so were nearly all of the room in the hotel. We were kind of ok with it but not really considering that we booked more than a month in advance and it was in the middle of February, everyone knows there are more empty rooms than occupied ones. Check in is a very slow process and decoration is outdated. Everything in the room worked properly from the fridge to the water pressure/temperature, water drained properly and all the lights worked. Other than not getting a high floor as requested we did enjoyed our stay, we will stay here again but not in the summer because the beach area in front of the hotel is just for surfing.

Room Tip: The sheets are kind of rough so lay a soft blanket on them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple