“ANOTHER awesome stay”
Review of Schooner Inn

Schooner Inn
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I vacation every year in Va Beach. We always stay at the Schooner for several reasons. 1. Location: Last hotel on the southern end of the beach by Rudee Inlet. We like the fact that it's less crowded and congested. 2. Room: VERY spacious, always clean and a great view of the ocean. 3. Staff: We've never had a problem with rude staff. This year as in past years we made great time getting to Va Beach which resulted in an early arrival. We were able to check in early with no problems!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarineMom68

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The staff was courteous, the location was decent. The room was very spacious and well kept. The only problems were the remote not working and the heating unit not functioning properly.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Vialetto
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is the Email i sent Schooner, with no response.. Go figure that.

Hello, me and my family recently tried to stay at your hotel, the Schooner Inn, on the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
I am completely disappointed with the whole experience and can not believe the way people are treated by your staff.
We started calling the hotel to make a reservation at approximately 8:00 AM, the first time i called a lady answered the phone and said she would transfer me, i stayed on that line for about five minutes before my phone started beeping in my ear. I called back repetitively with no answer, so in between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM we finally decided to go to your hotel and see what was going on, now please understand that already we were upset due to no one answering the phones for a full hour. When we arrived at the hotel there was a lady at the front desk who seemed to be pretty polite and seemed to know what she was doing, we gave her our payment and information and she told us we could come back at 2:00 PM and check in. When we arrived back at the hotel at 1:30 PM she told us that there would be no room ready until 2:00 PM, which was understandable and we waited for another thirty minutes until 2. When we came back at 2:00 PM the same lady told us that she did not have any rooms ready and that we could go wait at the pool until there was a room ready. We sat at the pool, and waited until 4:00 PM. At this time we were extremely frustrated, because we thought we were going to be able to check in at 2:00 PM. When we arrived in the office at 4:00 PM there was many families in the lobby of your hotel, most were complaining about the same things we were. When we finally got to the front desk at 4:30 there was a different lady at the front desk, who greeted us rude and unprofessional, she told us in the most rude voice possible that there were no rooms ready. We asked her why there wasnt a room ready and why we were told we could check in at two. She promptly told us that we were "running our mouths" and she was going to refund us our money and we could get out of "her" hotel. I could not believe what i had heard. We tried to ask her when there would be a room available, and she continued to tell us how we were not welcome there. I Immediately requested to speak to a manager, and the lady told me that there was no manager. I couldn't believe this, so i asked for a number and her name and she handed me a business card and mumbled something that sounded to be Carol-Anne. I have stayed at the Schooner inn hotel for a very long time, my parents honeymooned at your hotel, and I honestly dont think me or my family will ever come to your hotel again. I will be calling everyone I can call and Emailing everyone i can email until i get a response and this is resolved.
Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Tory H
Reviewed April 7, 2012

They have clean, well equipped units, all beach front, great rates, friendly and helpful staff. The location is right on the southern end of the beach, very low traffic & quiet. The Rudy Inlet runs by the inn and has many of the best restaurants in the area. We stay there every time our business brings us to the Norfolk area. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Magnolia10
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I love this hotel. I stay here every time I am at Virginia Beach. I love their rooms with the hot tubs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeAnnMarie027
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel for its southend location, balcony and jacuzzi tub. We found out that we're not "tub" kind of people, unless it's a hot tub on the balcony. I think the floors could have been cleaner, but everything else was decent. This is an older hotel that has not gone "smoke free" yet. When I complained about the cigarette smell (very mild), they brought in an ozone machine while I went for a walk. That made all the difference. The balcony was small but adequate, and you couldn't beat the view of Rudee Inlet and the surfers. Surfers are relegated to the area in front of this hotel, so you'll always have something interesting to watch! I liked being on the quiet end of the boardwalk since I'm not a shopper. Parking was easy and convenient to the lobby and elevators. We probably will not stay here again because my husband likes newer facilities with less colorful paint.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank JackieG723
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was pleased with the price and location, and surpised to see that it had a hot-tub and the balcony was amazing. I loved it! We will be staying there on our next trip!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family