“Fun day at the park”

Ocean Breeze Waterpark
Ranked #17 of 124 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A family friendly Caribbean paradise, 2 miles south of the Oceanfront! Enjoy 16 water slides, our million gallon wave pool and water playground. Admission tickets available at many hotels. Group rates, lifeguard camp and cabanas available with reservations. Restaurants on site. FREE PARKING! Open May 22 – September 6, 11 & 12.
Saratoga Springs, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fun day at the park”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

took my two young grandchildren to the water park. They are 6 and 8. We all had a great time and enjoyed the entire experience. There are many different areas to go tubing and sliding into the water. The best part of the park is its safety. There are lifeguards everywhere and lifevests are available for anyone that needs them. We were there on a day that was not crowded so there were no lines and we were able to go on rides as many times as we wanted. The place was well kept and extremely clean. We also enjoyed our lunch. The pulled pork was excellent and the chicken fingers were chicken fingers. Fries in each were served extremely hot and tasty. It was a fun day but not inexpensive. I think if I lived in VA Beach I might buy a season pass and that would make it well worth going any time I wanted.

• Greek first
Newport News, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A good variety of rides for the whole family.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went to Ocean Breeze Water Park for the first time yesterday (Thursday). I was a little nervous going into the park because there were two huge school groups getting out of buses as we were entering the park. However, my fears of a busy day were unwarranted, as the park has a great variety of slides that spread out the crowds nicely. There are five main sections to the park: a large kiddy area, an activity pool with a bunch of slides, a hill covered with tube slides and a speed slide, the Adventure River, and the Neptune's Revenge slide complex. Neptune's Revenge is a really unique attraction. It has four slides that you ride in double tubes; one is a standard tube slide, one has a funnel that you twist around before sliding out the bottom, and two have a series of mini funnels that twist you around on the way down. I have been to many water parks around the country and I haven't seen a slide like that anywhere else. The park also has a nice wave pool, a lazy river with a wave generator and various water features, and fun body and tube slides. It would be nice to see a family raft ride, as that's the only kind of slide the park is missing.

I didn't give the park 5 stars because I didn't think the value of the park was that great. It's not a huge park, and yet you are not allowed to bring in outside food or drink. Then they charge you $7 for a can of beer. The no food/drink policy seems to not be uniformly enforced; we tried to bring in a bottle of Gatorade and were turned away, and then later in the day saw a family with a gallon sized ziploc bag of goldfish crackers. However, we managed to have lunch for $12 between the two of us, which was pretty good: a 12" sub sandwich with chips and a drink, plenty of food to share.

Overall, a really fun place and I would definitely go back, but pack my lunch and leave it in the car! :)

Bushkill, Pennsylvania, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Minature Golf”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location, easy parking, very enjoyable time with the family. Very reasonable price. Choice of either 18 or 36 holes. 2 courses available.

1 Thank Ed B
Columbia, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great value!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We make Ocean Breeze a part of our vacation every year. It's an ideal park because it is easily walkable and their is enough rides to keep everyone happy with almost no long lines. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is very family friendly.

1 Thank Shannon S
Palmyra, United States
“Rain Check”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went on a saturday and got rained out. They can't controll the weather which some people thought they could. Gave us a rain check which staff was walking aroung telling people how to get it and if they didn't want to wait for the official closing. I'm a single Dad and the only thing this park needs is a family changing room.

Visited July 2013