“The employees are not employees they are a family.”
Review of Ocean Sands Resort

Ocean Sands Resort
Ranked #47 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“The employees are not employees they are a family.”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I have been in and out of Virginia Beach for over three decades and I have had the opportunity to stay in 95% of the in land and beachfront properties with families and friends we have always enjoyed the fun, food and entertainment not to forget the shopping for my number one wife. My wife and I both chose to purchase a timeshare we over the last 15 years or so reviewed and set up ourselves to review timeshares in Virginia Beach. We found that the VSA resort met our needs and we found that our needs and expectations was far above other resorts, reasons are as followed. The rooms and furnishings was better than most especially the bedrooms the beds seem to wrap you in comfort the full kitchens were well-equipped the baths are well above standards for our needs and the on site amenities are very well equipped as well. The VSA staff is what made us make our final choice to become part of VSA resort, it is indeed a home away from home where we could relax and have a great time. As I said above we reviewed many resorts, we found the employees are really not employees they are family internal family they always greet us with a smile and they never complain about their management when I found in other resorts employees complained a great deal on the way they are treated. This is a factor that must be recognized in any customer service related business if the employees are happy the customers and consumers are happy the employees constantly communicated with my wife and myself as to our needs this again is far above our expectations our family there really makes our stay very bright, management employee relations was the main factor in purchasing a second timeshare at VSA resort. I have sent people and friends along with family members to VSA resorts and everyone comes back with very good compliments and ask if we could send them again, this is a good feeling. My wife and I did recognize several names at Ocean Sands VSA resort. Bill Mitchell,Shuana, Jackie, Rebecca, Paul CJ, Rose, Lrina, Shondal. We did get the opportunity to set up a meeting with Michele Colson who seems to be the cohesion to the VSA resorts family. Michelle is a very business oriented and dedicated person. Other resorts should follow her lead. My family and I are setting up a summer vacation at VSA resort for 2011 and we plan on introducing our family to their family and then I will go fishing(SMILE) and the wife will go shopping. One thing I would like to add when the hurricane came I watched the news saw the damage to our second home and all I could think of was how can I put our home back together, VSA resorts made it work with the assessment for that year it was well below what we imagined VSA resorts put our home back together. My wife and I are very proud to be part of the VSA resorts. Our love and appreciation goes out to our VSA resort family. I am in the customer care business and when it's good I give the recognition to the good in this case it's great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank webstergl
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your “family” at the Ocean Sands Resort. I am thrilled we have exceeded your expectations, as we take great pride in delivering memorable vacations to you and your family each time you visit VSA Resorts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks at this beautiful resort The employees were very nice and efficient, they acknowledged us every time we came and went.. I would definately stay here again and would advise anyone who was looking for a great placwe to stay in Virgina Beach to stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vmriley
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. We hope to see you and your family again soon.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Great oceanfront location. Close to the interstate. Nice rooms with private sleeping. Very nice indoor pool with hot tub and sauna. Rooms have everything you need in the kitchen. Nice parking garage at the hotel for convenience. Great restaurants within walking distance and plenty of things to entertain the kids.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank travelinfool_11
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Guess
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This place is Va. Beach's BEST KEPT SECRET!!!!.... Shauna and her Staff exhibited outstanding Customer Service. The room was impeccable, and soooooo comfortable. So, when can I stay again!!!....GREAT JOB!

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank mikeanddj
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Thank you for the positive comments regarding your vacation with the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My family and I enjoyed the city of Va. Beach this weekend, we stayed at Ocean Sands Resort where we were greeted by the Property Manager Mr. Bill Mitchell. the room was clean with a beautiful view of the ocean and prompt and courteous service from the staff.
We recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant nights rest in a great city.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank niecy101
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I went there not knowing what to expect since it was our first time there. I have been to many resorts and I have to say that I was quite pleased with our stay there. The satff did a great job of being friendly and were always willing to give their assistance. They made my family feel right at home. They even gave us an extra key for our roomand a parking pass for our daughter who lives in the area. We were pleased with the location which was right on the beach and we could walk to many fine restaurants and other tourist attractions in the area. The pool was great although the only complaint I had is that they did not let the kids stay in the water past 8PM especially since we were there on the off time in November and there wasn't anyone else using the pool. My grandaughter loves the water and had fun. I also did use the exercise room and that was up to date and was fine. My room overlooked the ocean and the bed was very comfortable. I would like to say that we will be back and will recommend this resort to my family and friends to stay

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
We appreciate your sharing your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. Thank you for your positive feedback - we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Denver
Reviewed November 14, 2010

The resort has been under constant renovation for at least two years.

This past week, the fire alarm went off twice at 3:30 a m. The first time the desk clerk knew how to alert people that it was a false alarm, while the second time, the clerk didn't know how to work the public address system. This also happened when we were there in the spring.

Late arriving guests are placed next to current guests in the middle of the night instead of alternating rooms or floors.

New clock radios were placed in the rooms, but no one knows how to program them. When the alarm goes off in the middle of the night, the only thing to do is unplug it.

Only one of two resorts on the beach with RCI affiliation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
I apologize that your vacation was interrupted and appreciate your feedback regarding our new iPod alarm clock/radios. Due to your suggestion, we are adding the instructions to the vacation suite informational guides. I hope you give the Ocean Sands Resort another opportunity in the future.