“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Ocean Sands Resort

Ocean Sands Resort
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Even though the property is older (as well as many others properties) it is well maintain is very clean units. Located with in very short walking distance to the beach it is located right in the middle of the boardwalk.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Herris B
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your business and feedback. We hope to see you next summer.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Property was clean, there was ample, convenient parking and staff was polite and helpful. Room was pleasantly furnished. On the negative side, there was no balcony. Don't see the advantage of being ocean-front if the view is from inside the unit. Missed relaxing on a balcony, listening to the waves, enjoying the ocean breeze. Virginia Beach as a whole was not enjoyable - the boardwalk is a sidewalk with no shops or sites. Sorry, it's back to Ocean City, Md next year for our beach fun.

1  Thank Barb D
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and we look forward to having you back again next year.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I set up a family and friend vacation. We had several rooms with family and friends from other states. It was basically a reunion and we chose Ocean Sands resort. Each year my wife and I lock-in to Ocean Sands we always see something new and beautiful changes to this resort. I cannot express enough on the smiles and greetings we received during our stay. All of our needs was answered with a above average level of professional customer care. We did get the opportunity to meet with and speak with new members of Ocean Sands resort family naming Natalie, Joanne, Samantha and the very active BJ. All of whom gave our group a above and beyond and Loving stay at ocean Sands. The great part for myself was the fishing trip I was able to get because of the shopping tours they gave the girls this made me very happy and I have a freezer full of fish. The upgrade on the Wi-Fi exceeds most upscale resorts some gold crowns has not reached that level of in house communications for computers, laptops,droid pads and smart phons I say it's excellent. For vacationers, you must experience one of their "PURE Accommodations" it speaks for itself. To close I would like to mention that I spoke with one new family member at ocean Sands, I asked Sheilla how long has she been part of the family and her response was a few months she left and then came back, I asked why did you come back and she said to me I came back because of the family here at ocean Sands that she works with. This did not surprise me at all if you understand what I'm saying. Ocean Sands gets a five-star from the Webster's and Linda Elite Travel,LLC.

Room Tip: The Pure Room
2  Thank webstergl

I can’t thank you enough for your kind words and how pleased we are that you had more than a great vacation. Thank you for being such wonderful timeshare owners and we look forward to your return next summer.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Ocean Sands and were exceedingly pleased with the service and helpfulness of all the staff. We had 30 family members attend using a number of units. Everyone was pleased with the accommodations. They helped to make this a memorable exsperience. Thank you Natalie, Samatha, Betsy, Martin, Joann.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ocean side!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ocean Sands Resort. We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to see you back next year for your 51st Anniversary.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great property .... very nice, friendly staff. The resort is right on the ocean and is conveniently located in the center of VA Beach. Many restaurants /bars all within walking distance. The rooms and common areas were all very clean. We will definately return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlexCortland

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant stay. I hope you will choose the Ocean Sands Resort when you come back to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I Ispent a week thee in Mid July andfound the plac to be excellent. The service was outstanding, the room was clean and updated, it had flat panel TVs and grea channel selection, and the staff was awesome. You should stay here...... and the lady in charg who helped me Michelle Colson is awesome

Room Tip: Stay here.....eat at the restraunt, go to harpoon larry's a couple blocks over for oysters and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jon Lee C

We appreciate your business and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next summer in Virginia Beach at the Ocean Sands Resort.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We visited Ocean Sands for the first time this year and absolutely loved it. They had family activities planned daily, room was clean and had all items needed to enjoy our vacation. Resort provided discount tickets to the aquarium and to the water park, both of which we took advantage. The elevator was down the day we arrived which was an inconvenience but was fixed the next morning. Employees were assisting those guests checking in with carrying their luggage up flights of stairs. My only recommendations for improvement would be to replace T.V. remotes as 1 of ours only worked half of the time and to improve air flow because the front room was hot. Otherwise, we hated to leave and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank NewlyWedsVaBeach2011
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Ocean Sands Resort for your family vacation. I'm pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to seeing you again next year.