Ocean Sands Resort
$180
Country Inn
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$372
$255
  • Pool
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$217
$190
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$186
$173
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$153
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$224
$186
$259
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
  • Pool
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$222
$195
Hotels.com
$339
$299
GardenInn.com
All reviewsfree washer and dryerdoc taylorsfull kitchenpool arearooms are smallhot tubexercise roomliving roompull out couchenjoyed my stayfirst floorparking garagebalconiesunitoceansaunaboardwalk
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We traded in for a timeshare so I cannot adress pricevalue but it was a good trade. Rooms a little on the small size for Va Beach and 4 people comfortable is a bit of a stretch. Having said that, it comes with a full refridgerator, stovetop, dishwasher and microwave with dishes for 4 people. This is one of the few timeshares I have been to that you have to trade out your linen when you need clean, apparently there is no housekeeping during the week even during spring break. The two room "suite" comes with a nice size flat screen in each room and a DVD player. A nice sized bathroom with a whirlpool tub. The resort offers a nice sized pool with a whirlpool with all sorts of activities offered during the week, most at no cost. The always present timeshare agents were not in sight here which was a nice change. The staff is very helpful and cheerful to almost a fault if there is such a thing. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zwa7907
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort - we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We had a great time. all rooms face the ocean. It is in the center of the main avenue on the beach with many things to do. We had our kids with us and they had the run of the hotel, they entertained the staff and the staff entertained them. Johnny's bar and restaurant was great. It was like a home away from home.

Room Tip: if traveling with more than four people, i would advise to get 2 rooms. the rooms are not very large
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa S
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

We enjoyed your family's visit as well and appreciate your taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

It was a last minute trip and never had been to VB, well We will definitely be come back without a doubt. We had the best time and were never ever bored, there was something for everyone in the family to do. The hotel was very clean and the indoor pool was great, also had crafts daily for the kids and for the parents a tanning bed!!!! The pool staff were so nice and friendly. Thanks to Kyrsten, Lauren and Sheilla for making our day always filled with laughs and smiles!!! Everyone at the hotel were so nice and helpful!!!!! Beth, Amy, Hashia,Samantha,Joanne and can't forget our computer man Richard.....each and everyone of you were all so kind, helpful and so friendly, ALL the Staff we will miss you, you made our trip above and beyond our expectations, and for that we thank you!!!! As for the hotel is was perfect for a family of three, and you cannot ask for a better or more perfect location. We also very much enjoyed the free van tours, they were awesome and Bob our awesome tour guide. Like I said for not knowing what to expect and from never being there before we had the time of our lives, enjoying the ocean and watching the dolpins swim right out our window and the staff helping us arrange our daily activites, we could have never asked for anything better. We just left today and we want to go back already.....my son never wanted to leave everyone was so kind and friendly to him, he is gonna miss you girls something terrible, so I guess that means we will see "U ALL" next year!!!!! FROM THE BUMPS ONT CAN

Room Tip: We requested the 6th floor because of that fact that the pool, tanning, sauna and sun deck were on that floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank snooki2012
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your family vacation experience with the Ocean Sands Resort. We appreciate your individually mentioning each "Vacation Consultant" by name that made a difference in your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit next year!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I hate the hustle and bustle of the summer time in Virginia Beach. So we tried early march this year for our stay in VA Beach. We live in Williamsburg va and we love a quiet atmosphere with friendly service. This was a great choice. Everyone from the front desk to the attendant at the pool was nice and courteous. The pool attendant (Shiella Quezon) was super nice and made sure we had a good time at the pool. I think each room has a ocean view as well so waking up to a beautiful beach view is a big plus! One thing that is a negative is the parking, if you have a large SUV the parking garage will seem very tight. I drive a small sedan and it was tight for me. So beware!

Room Tip: The higher up the better. The views are better and it's quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Derek V
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

The Ocean Sands Resort Team, including Shiella thank you for taking the time to share your Virginia Beach get-a-way experience with VSA Resorts. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This was a last minute unexpected trip to Virginia. We had a death in the family and we called RCI on our way down to book a room for the weekend using a last call. I had asked to be as close to Norfolk as they could get us, and this is where they sent us.
Up until then, I had never been to Virginia Beach. We checked in late Friday night and the girls there were so helpful and sweet, cause RCI never emailed my confirmation on our way down. They made the phone call to RCI and had it faxed over and while we waited, she got us signed in so we didn't have to wait so long. Wish I could remember all their names, but we saw the same girls all weekend. They pointed out some points of interest and was more than willing to open the side doors late at night so my husband could take me to the Boardwalk and let me play in the ocean. The view from our room the next morning was more than I expected. We was on the 10th floor and it was the perfect level for us.
The room was more than I expected since I had never done this before. Bed was super comfy, big dutch oven pillows and a down comforter. Once you laid down for the night, you were done :). Nice little kitchen, fully equiped (even had a wine bottle opener in the drawer). It was nice to bring our family back here to get their mind off of the situation and talk and relax. Also, the bath tub is also a jacuzi tub. Not big enough for 2 but comfy for 1. Across from them was a few stores to go shopping, a Walgreens a block away, and a few restaurants and clubs if you wanted to go out.
We only stayed the weekend, but we told them we would love to come back again. Didn't get to use half the facilities that are available. My hubby took advantage of the sauna and he loved it. Nice heated indoor pool with outside deck on the 6th floor that over looked everything. There are even tanning beds if you need them as I was informed by the girl working in the pool. It might have been an older hotel, but it had all the quaintness of home. You didn't feel like you was staying in a hotel. All in all we loved it :).

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view. Never heard anything from other rooms on our floor which only had about 4 rooms per floor after the i think the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Tiaira R
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience at the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.