“Minature Golf Course is TERRIBLE”
Review of Motor World

Motor World
Ranked #28 of 119 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Motor World features 11 go-kart tracks, 250 Karts with 16 different style Go-Karts. Be sure to check out our heart-pounding Skycoaster, Gravity Storm, Bumper Boats, Kiddie & Thrill Rides, Splat Zone Paintball and Shipwreck Golf.
Wheeling, West Virginia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Minature Golf Course is TERRIBLE”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were looking forward to a nice evening of competing against each other on the minature gold course. Unfortuantely we spent more time competing aginst the gnats that kept biting due to the stagnate water, The course is in desperate need of repair with most greens having water standing in them along with mold growing on the greens. Loose bricks surrounding some holes made for hazardous walking, landscaping needs redone as it is too large and overtaking walking areas, waterfalls not working, etc. Save your money and visit the courses in town.

Visited August 2012

West Point, New York
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Just ok”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We bought 2 hr passes. Could've gotten away with 1 hour since they weren't overly busy. My 12 & 15 yr old boys liked racing around the tracks but only about half of them were what they wanted to do. Also the bumper boats water cannons were broken on this very hot day so that was disappointing. Overall an ok time but nothing to brag about.

Visited August 2012
“Best go kart track on the east coast”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I went here last week when i was on vacation. I visited a bunch of go-kart tracks in my years but this is by far the best. Most of the carts had new engines in them and they looked remodeled. They had a variety of type of karts too for different types of racing. My favorite was the adult speed track because that track had some of the fastest karts i have ever been on excluding international parks. My laps were also timed at this track so i could see how i compared to over 40000 over people. On second note their employees are extremely nice and the cashiers are unbelievably gorgeous. I am taking serious consideration in coming back next year.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Place is a joke and a rip off. Cart died after first lap sat in the 110 degree car waiting for the distracted employees. Talked to the manager about a refund, he needed my 21dollars more than me. Forwarned.

2 Thank Mark77000
Tex L, Public Relations Manager at Motor World, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Sometime dealing with equipment that is mechanical is very tough. As we strive to keep all of the karts in great condition, there are times that they will break down, just like our automobiles that we drive everyday. I am sorry that we could not offer you a refund, however I am sure you were offered another ride on a different kart to make up for your bad experience.

The unlimited ride bands that we offer are the best deal, so when you have kart troubles you can get in another kart or go to a different track the next race and enjoy the time with your family and friends. We hope you will visit again and if you feel you would like to take us up on the bad ride you had, please email us from the website and I will be glad to help you.

Thanks for visiting!
Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“its ok but little run down”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I did enjoy my time spent and would return again but it was run down for the price you pay to get in. We waited in line 40 min. for bumper boarts when it was only 7 people in front of us. The gocarts were fun and the lines were short. They had rides even for little kids. TIP for those with young kids-buy the kids a two hour band and yourself a 1 hour band. THere are only two tracks that people under 48 inches can ride with you but they are like 5 kiddie tracks where they ride alone and many many kiddie carnival type rides all included in the band. I wasted a lot of money watching my child when I could have watched them for free than rode during my hour. I would return though but I hope motor world does some remodeling and updating soon.

Visited July 2012
Thanks for your review and for your helpful tips for other guests. I would just like to add to your suggestions. We do not charge admission to the park and tickets can be purchased individually or we offer 1,2, and 3 hour unlimited armbands. If you are not sure if you want to ride or just want to watch your children participate, then you it will not cost you. If you decide you want to ride with your kids or by yourself you can purchase a single ticket so you do not feel like your time is wasted.