“My favorite place at the beach!”

Belvedere Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We found this gem, quite by accident, a few years ago when we decided to drive to the beach on a whim. It was a holiday so everything was either booked or had astronomical rates. Everyone was so helpful and nice! The rooms aren't huge but they are clean and the baloney views can't be beat! The coffee shop next door is a huge plus and I don't have to pack my coffee pot anymore! This is our hotel/motel of choice everytime we go to the beach! Parking can be a problem, especially while the coffee shop is open but it wasn't a huge problem for us. I just wish they had online reservations!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Belvedere Beach Resort

Reviewed October 6, 2010

We spent 2 nights at the Belvedere, largely due to the positive reviews on this website, as well as the reasonable price of $94 a night, including kitchen facilities. It should be noted that we are generally "hotel snobs", and prefer the luxury of Marriott hotels. The Courtyard 2 doors away was $240 a night - -thus the stay at the Belvedere! Everything in the prior reviews was right on - the room was clean, although dated in its furnishings. A family of 4 in the room might be crowded, but if there in the summer, how much time do you spend in the room anyhow? The folks at the front desk were friendly, eager to give us restaurant recommendations and directions to wherever we needed to go. The charming diner attached to the hotel was great - had breakfast there both mornings and food was very good. Beachfront location was awesome, if only someone could have controlled the weather. Hurricane Nicole stopped by to dump lots of rain and then wind the days we were there. We'd recommend this resort to anyone looking for a beachfront location, a fun place to eat, at an affordable rate.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My mom, bestfriend and I have stayed to the Belvedere "Resort" Motel every Spring and Fall for, approximately, the last ten years. I lost my job in 2009, so money has been tight--to say the least. Last night I called the Belvedere to book a room from Sun. Sept. 26th through Sun. Oct. 3rd. I asked the gentleman who answered the phone if they were willing to negotiate on the room rate. He said, "no." I asked him if they were filled to capacity that week. He said, "no." "So you aren't filled to capacity, AnD you won't negotiate on room rates. Again, he said, "no." ssssiiiigggghhhh I guess I just don't understand how hotels do business. ssssiiiigggghhhhhh I really needed this trip to the beach!

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank dewy37
belvederebeachresort, Owner at Belvedere Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

The economic climate has been rough on many of our loyal customers and we try to be sensitive to our guests situations and needs. It appears we fell short in this case. Unfortunately, the dates requested spanned the Neptune Festival Weekend which is one of the busiest weekends of the year and in fact we did sell out. We are now closed for the winter but I encourage everyone to come back and visit us in the spring when our rates will be a little lower. We are renovating the rooms this winter and I think all of our returning guests will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Just got back from 2 nights in Va Beach at the Belvedere. Right on the boardwalk, every room has an oceanview and a small balcony. They even had a pool. The beach access is right in front of the hotel. Every staff member was super friendly, a rarity these days. The tiny restaurant connected to the motel was pretty good - they serve basic breakfast and lunch food til 2 pm, and offer room service (or get there early if you don't want a long wait).

I started out giving them 4 stars, but I guess there's no reason not to give them 5. This is not a 5-star hotel, but rooms are large, with 2 "closet" areas and even hangers. Basically, everything is very old, but very clean, except for some cobwebs. The bedsheets really need to be replaced. The free wi-fi is a great perk.

Just be aware that:
1. Sound can travel through the connecting doors. We had a child next to us the 2nd night and didn't sleep much b/c the parents let it scream continually and run into the walls. Not the fault of the hotel. The first night was very quiet.
2. There is not enough parking for the whole motel, so either get back to your room early or be prepared to double-park and leave your key with the manager.

My biggest worry is cleanliness, so all-in-all, it's a great value as long as they don't raise the prices, and we would go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Our family have been going there for the past 12 years and we would be very disapointed if this family owned motel would be bought out by one of the bigger name hotels as many others have been since.

Keep up the Good Work.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We just rolled up on the place about 7 yrs ago looking for a room. We come back every mothers day weekend since.The motel is older but clean all rooms are ocean front which is my fav. she is holding her own being overtowered these days by the big guys small cafe free bike rental and the staff is beyond compare. We love it, if your lookin for fancy keep lookin if your lookin for the best deal and friendlist and heflpful staf look no further. your there

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank jami1962
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I am a spoiled traveler. I like to book early and find a nice place for my family but like to be able to save money if I can. This trip came up at the last minute and my travel agent ran accross this property. I was skeptical to say the least but we decided to try it. We booked and when we got there we were very surprised. The staff is absolutely wonderful. We arrived early and the staff told us we could park in the lot and they took our cell number and called us when the room was ready. The rooms are dated but to be honest they are some of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. The location is wonderful. Right where you want to be. The pool is nice as it has an eight foot section. With teenage kids they really enjoyed that as they could actually swim. The coffee shop is very good and reasonable. It is small and I would suggest doing room service. We did out order and had our food in ten minutes. Did the bikes on the boardwalk and that was great. Had no troubles and my entire family agreed that we would go back.

I always get skeptical when I read these kind of reviews but I cannot say a bad thing about this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family