“Had a wonderful time”

Barclay Towers Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Memphis, IN
Reviewed May 23, 2005

My family and I just returned from staying at the Barclay Towers for a week. It was near the 'quiet' end of the beach and we were able to sleep with no disruptions from noise throughout the night. The unit was clean and sufficient for our needs. I would have liked the unit to contain a full size refriderator though. The staff was friendly and helpful. Some reviews had stated a 'smell' so I just brought along some air freshners. Although, I don't believe we really needed them. My husband and I are already talking about visiting the area again and we will probably stay here again. The internet weekly rate was great! I really loved staying right on the boardwalk. We had a really good time.

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Portsmouth, NH
Reviewed January 4, 2005

We have stayed at the Barclay Towers a number of times and found it to be a very nice facility right on the beach. Personnel were always friendly and helpful during our stay at Christmas 2004.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia Beach, Va
Reviewed November 1, 2004

I stayed at the Barclay recently as part of my wedding. We had many of our guest stay there as well. That was the first problem, guests would have reservations comfirmed but when they arrived it turned out they had lost the reservation. This happened to two of my guests that I am aware of. Another thing I didn't appreciate was that my room was not cleaned for two full days and on the second day of being left untouched they actually tried to rent the room to someone else. Thats right some guy walked into my room with a key that the front desk had just made for him. #1 I was in there, and #2 it was a total mess. Beds not maid, no towels. When this was mentioned to the front desk the clerk there had absolutely nothing to say, no remorse no appology not a thing. When housekeeping was asked about the lack of cleaning by management they completely lied and told them that I said we only need towels. I only asked for towels from the front desk, and only when I completely ran out since my room saw no service until Saturday Morning. (I checked in on Wednesday Morning) lets not forget also that this is not the cleanest hotel to start with. Also go ahead and check around the door frame of your room and you can see where most have been mangled from people trying to break in. When you hear the screaming in the halls at 3am you will see perhaps what happened to the doors. Quite pleasant. So if you dont plan on actually being in your room and certainly dont plan on sleeping then this is the place for you.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia beach, Va
Reviewed October 31, 2004

Planned event with out of town guess to attend and lost half of the reservations..guests were suppose to be on same floor, they were scattered all over...Rooms were not cleaned for 3 day until we complained..booked our guests rooms while they were still their..plus book to other knowing the room was still occupied and not cleaned...an item was left in one of our guest room was not turned in , it was taken by an employee..horrible stay!!!! Top it the management didn't care!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member