“Nice for the price”

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Booked here for one night on a Sunday because it was half the price of other oceanfront hotels. All the rooms are oceanfront suites with a kitchenette. Expected it to be somewhat rundown due to the price. Well it's not. The staff was efficient and the room was nice. There is not much of a lobby and no restaurant but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Free continental breakfast. Can't really think of anything negative to say.

1 Thank Horhey
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your comments and your business! We'll see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Struthers, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a great hotel! The price was fair, the location was close to everything we wanted to do but was far enough down the beach that it was quiet too. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and kept our room taken care of all week. Breakfast was minimal, but it was free. Overall a great place and we would stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and the view was amazing!! However, there are only 2 elevators and depend...

1 Thank Kendall M
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your comments and your business! I've shared your praises with our well deserving housekeepers. I hope tol see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Harrisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I love Barclay. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice, and it's right on the beach.I grew up here and I just want to feel at home. Barclay doesn't feel like you are just staying in some stuffy hotel room. It really is a comfortable place to hang out when you aren't enjoying the strip and the beach. Any time I come back to Va beach I come to stay at Barclay. I will always be a returning customer.

Room Tip: suites are amazing,

1 Thank Missfierce0308
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay again at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your comments and your repeat business! We'll see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Dudley, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We would stay here again. Clean, comfortable, great location, great price. We enjoyed our visit with our daughter who recently moved to Virginia Beach. Everyone was very friendly. A drawback would be how loud the doors close. Trying to sleep and people coming back to their rooms and door sounded like they were slamming.

Room Tip: loved being on the 8th floor/top floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank thelanz
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. My staff and I take pride in providing great value and friendly service to all our guests. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Barclay Towers. There was a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean. The room was clean and everyone was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again when me and my friends need a place at Va Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank ncontrol5
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stay at VB on a regular basis and I would say that this property is a good value and one that we will book over and over again. We like the kitchenette area and the breakfast with the seaside area for dinning.... Very good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank dalefair
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. My staff and I take pride in providing good family value and great friendly service to all our guests. We appreciate your repeat business! I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
USA
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Surprise??!! After checked in at 1:30pm, my husband and I walked around the hotel, checked on their swimming pool, hot tub and gym. When we got into the room, there is a lady (a housekeeper) resting at the living area, enjoying the ocean view??!! In our room??!! What a surprise we have got.
We are happy with the amenities and price we paid for this hotel room but definitely not the SURPRISE!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank UsaMoon
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I'm glad you (ultimately) enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. I apologize for the housekeeping slip up. We appreciate your business! I hope you'll stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach.