Barclay Towers Resort Hotel
$190
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$215
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$235
$214
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$190
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
ComfortSuites
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$245
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Agoda.com
1,155 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastacross the streetliving roomhot tubfull kitchennice place to staysmall balconyfront desk staffindoor pooloff seasonocean viewking bedfamily vacationboard walkthe room was nicebeach frontarchie
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. My husband and I were celebrating our 40th anniversary at Va Beach because we spent our honeymoon there.The Barclay was a good price, clean, and very friendly. We walked or rode bicycles (for 1-8 people) everywhere we went. The only con was that it got a little noisy with our room being right outside the elevators, of which they only have 2.

Room Tip: Do not get room near elevators.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. We all take pride in providing a good family value and great friendly service to all our guests. We appreciate your business and your comments! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We hope to see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is the frist review I have ever given. This was the worse stay we have had at Va Beach. I will keep this as short as I can but would really appreciate it if someone could give me an email address to contact a manager for the full story. I could not find one anywhere on the website.

Our room was moved from original room for an earlier check in. It was directly across from the elevators. This was a bit noisy early in morning and late at night but really not a huge deal. We were given no blankets for sofabed. We tried with several attempts to get 1 extra blanket and finally did on our last night. My oldest daughter used a beach towel prior to that. We got this room to utilize the kitchen. We were given 2 saucepans. No frying pan but I made do, cooking pancakes in the large saucepan. I had to use a small silver cereal spoon as a spatula. I called 3 different times during stay for a spatula, I was finally told that spatulas were only given for timeshares but they would make find me one ( my third call on second day) . I was instead brought dishwashing tablets (there is not even a dishwasher in unit?). The frontdesk guy on Sunday night was rude and did not answer phone (even though phone says the number is for emergencies). My husband went down and waited approx. 5 minutes before the guy came in from beach access. I was told by this same guy that there was not one extra blanket in entire hotel.
My family and I felt like a burden and trying to get just normal requests should not have been such an ordeal. If the room was not equipped with normal cooking items, this should have been disclosed so I could have brought them. We always stay with kitchens or kitchenettes and have never had these issues. The room really put a damper on our vacation.
I understand this is a busy time of year but quite frankly this should not be my problem. Even if the hotel is busy I should still feel like a valued guest.

Room Tip: Bring all cooking items and any extra blankets you might need. A powerstrip for electronics is also a good idea. 8th floor would be ideal, but do not stay across from elevators.
1  Thank Solemnly_CynCyn

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The number one goal of our hotel is to provide courteous and dependable service, with comfortable and clean accommodations. All at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing that you were not satisfied. Please accept my apologies for the lack of kitchen items and the un-attentive desk staff member.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

When we checked in the front desk person was named jen gave us an attitude and let us talk to Tracy Tracy was nice and fixed everything. Everything else was great also bring your fishing poles they are right next to the pier and its a good catch I will be back

• Stayed: July 2013
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. We appreciate your business and your comments! Tracey is a wonderful asset to our management team. We can't wait to see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed for a week in mid-July 2013. The negatives: rooms are a little dated; would like to see a better breakfast, pool area average. The positives (which far out weigh the negatives): private balcony with an AWESOME view (all rooms); price can't be beat; within walking distance of everything; the staff is extremely courteous and pleasant to deal with. I booked our room well over two months in advance, and when I arrived, the booking was incorrect. Without having to get into an argument, they had me taken care of before I could blink...with a discount ta boot! Our room was clean (c'mon, people...quit complaining about the build up around bath tub caulk. It's not a brand new hotel!), and whenever we needed anything, it was at our door quickly. We would stay here again. :). Thanks to Tracy and her staff for making this an enjoyable vacation!

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean front! Not a bad room in the house.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. We all take pride in providing a good family value and great friendly service to all our guests. We appreciate your business and your comments! We hope to see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Barclay one other time and have been very pleased both times. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff has always been helpful. Their rates also seem to be very reasonable considering you get a suite on the boardwalk.

1  Thank Tom H
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Barclay Towers. Thank you for being a repeat customer. We appreciate your business and your comments! We hope to see you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.