In October, 2001, for our 10th wedding anniversary, my husband and I originally booked a room for one night but stayed for two because we enjoyed it so much! There were a few minor problems, but nothing serious. Check-in was OK. Could have been more friendly and welcoming.
The room was very spacious, with a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, living room, and ocean view. The bathroom had nice shampoos and lotions, including a magnified mirror that extended out on an arm from the wall.
The bathroom counter had drawers, which the women will love. The jacuzzi tub was quite relaxing and was very nice to start the day with.
However, we found hair on the walls of the tub during our first shower, which was nauseating. We called in the complaint and were compensated with a shower wash and coupons to use in their restaurant. I think the coupon was for 2 free dinners up to $30. The restaurant has very good food by the way and good service as well. It is quite loud if crowded though. Not much room to move around in. However, when we were given the coupons, they failed to let us know when the restaurant closed for the evening--which was earlier than normal since it was off season. So we had to go out somewhere else to find dinner, which we were unprepared for and most everything was closed by then. That was inconvenient and upsetting for us. We returned about a month later to the restuarant to use the coupons--and had a nice dinner. The kitchen in the room was stocked with nice dishes, a modern coffeemaker, good coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, silverware, and a dishwasher. I wasn't impressed with the picnic table style dining table with a bench seat and three chairs. It looked like a fish out of water, while everything else looked more upscale. The room could use some pretty decorative flowers and a nicer tablecloth. One light on the wall had a purple shade on it looking stylish and modern. The exercise room was a bit small and not as secluded as I would like it to be with windows for walls next to a main hallway, but the workout was good. The hot tub in the pool area was nice, but the indoor pool water was so cold that I could not use it. That was a downer because I was looking forward to taking a few laps in the pool. They supply plenty of towels, and room service was great. They were quick and prompt to clean the rooms and make the bed and answer our requests. I'd go back again and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying at the oceanfront in Va. Beach.
Va. Beach is my birth place and I am still a local. I checked out the hotels pretty thoroughly prior to selecting The Boardwalk Resort, and this one is definitely at the top. My advice for anyone staying there is this: Make your booking online, you'll get better rates--we did!
They do take AAA. Find out at check-in what hours the restaurant is open and when it closes. Don't rely on the hours on the door of the restaurant, but definitely eat there. Be prepared for a phonecall asking you to attend a meeting and tour. They sell timeshare. Overall, I'm glad we chose The Boardwalk Resort. I think you'd like it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to ocean sunrise views through your floor-to-ceiling windows, and spend the hours in between enjoying the comforts and conveniences of home at Boardwalk Resort Hotel. Each of the newly renovated studios and 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suites are appointed with a wide range of features, including separate living rooms with sleeper sofas, fully-equipped kitchens and kitchenettes, TVs with cable and DVD players, free Wi-Fi, and large bathrooms. You’ll also enjoy our convenient central-boardwalk location, just steps from the entertainment at 17th Street Stage and Park.Boardwalk Resort Hotel and Villas is located in the heart of the resort district, in the center of Virginia Beach’s famous boardwalk – named one of the “Top Ten Boardwalks in America.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Boardwalk Resort Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boardwalk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Va Beach Boardwalk
- Hotels Boardwalk Virginia Beach
- Boardwalk Virginia Beach